Details: $15.90/hour with generous benefits
PO box 164
Our progressive social service agency seeks a Housing Case Manager who will work with domestic and sexual violence survivors to identify, secure and maintain safe and permanent housing. The Housing Case Manager will provide trauma informed support, advocacy and intensive case management services to residents in our nine-bed confidential safe house as well as to non-residential survivors. Intensive case management services will include helping service users build personal and social service resources that can assist with rent, security deposits, utility setup, relocation costs, and household needs along with developing and maintaining relevant and meaningful housing case plans. Regular meetings with survivors to support case plan accomplishment will be required. Services will be provided at our shelter, at our main office, in the community and in the home.
The Advocacy Center of Tompkins County www.theadvocacycenter.org, located in Ithaca, NY, is an organization whose roots are based in feminism, social change, and victim rights. We have been providing services to survivors of domestic violence since 1977, child sexual abuse since 1982 and adult sexual assault since 2003.
We are proud of our workplace culture. We are dedicated professionals with a strong work ethic and we also promote self care and wellness wherever possible because we genuinely value healthy work/life balance. We combine seriousness of purpose and commitment to our mission with a sense of kindness and humor toward one another.
- One year of advocacy/case management experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, with a willingness to appreciate different points of view and problem-solve in a constructive manner.
- Sensitivity to the impact of sexual and domestic violence in diverse and marginalized communities and the ability to articulate these concerns in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Commitment to social justice issues
- Good communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under stressful situations
- Ability to develop a positive compassionate rapport with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team in a flexible, evolving environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships
- Reliable car, valid NYS license and clean driving record
- Knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault issues and housing systems
- Experience working in a shelter setting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Google’s G Suite platform
- Associate’s or BA in social work or related field desired, or equivalent experience
People of color and/or bilingual speaking people strongly encouraged to apply
Schedule: Sunday - Thursday Four days during the M-F work week and one weekend day
Start Date: ASAP
A car is required for this position.
Excellent Benefits Package (prorated based on start date):
$6,600 annually toward our cafeteria benefits program (includes medical and dental insurance or expense reimbursements); generous time off (2 weeks vacation the first year increasing thereafter, 10-12 paid holidays, 5 personal days, sick days); and retirement contribution after 3 years of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please review qualifications and submit two separate documents (in MS Word or PDF format only): 1. cover letter and 2. resume Please submit as two separate attachments to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.