Details: Salary range dependent on experience
940 Adams St. Suite R
Organization: Canvasback Missions, Inc.
For the position of: Development Director
Starting: As soon April 2018
Applications will be accepted: Until Position Filled
Apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Canvasback Missions, Inc. is a US-based Christian nonprofit organization that runs healthcare programs in Micronesia. The organization has two primary operations: dispatching specialty medical teams to run clinics and perform surgeries and public health work on Majuro, Marshall Islands aiming to achieve epidemic control of type 2 diabetes on the island. Canvasback operates in three countries and has a permanent office and Wellness Center in the Marshall
Islands. Our work is motivated by our Christian values, but we do not proselytize or evangelize.
Canvasback Missions is recruiting for a Development Director (Director). The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Canvasback’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Vice-President and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
Canvasback Missions is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- Develop and execute Canvasback’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Must embrace Canvasback’s mission and values
- Familiarity with the Seventh-day Adventist community (a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Five-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Databases
· Part-time position (20 hours per week).
· Can work remotely and must be comfortable traveling to meet donors.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume/CV to the above email address with Development Director in the subject line.