Krong Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province
Journeys Within Our Community (JWOC) is seeking a full time Fundraising and Communications manager.
Registered in 2006, JWOC is a $150,000 per year US registered nonprofit organization based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Our mission is to empower our University scholarship students to lead their communities by providing educational and personal development opportunities, inspiring a mindset of co-responsibility and social service. This position is perfect for a motivated individual looking for a new challenge as we embark on a new phase of our strategic growth.
The Fundraising and Communications Manager’s overall responsibility is to ensure JWOC:
- Engages and secures funds from new and existing donors such as JWOC guests, trusts, foundations, company and government aid prospects to meet financial goals;
- Develops and executes a comprehensive communication strategy, including the use and growth of digital and social media channels to raise JWOC’s profile to key external audiences
- Developing a thorough understanding of JWOC programs through coordination with JWOC Program Managers and Executive Director;
- Develop and execute JWOC’s fundraising strategy to meet financial goals;
- Working with JWOC’s partners to make sure project visit descriptions and guest experiences are as advertised;
- Accompanying guests and donors on JWOC project visits;
- Follow up and continued focus on donor and guest experience, always looking to inspire guests to become donors;
- Researching and identifying new grant and/or larger funding proposals, following applications and reporting through full life cycles;
- Managing donor database, gift processing and acknowledgment, and generating donor reports;
- Develop an engaging communication strategy to support the effective marketing of JWOC’s brand to attract new and diverse audiences;
- Manage JWOC’s database of supporters and create targeted communications for these different audiences to foster engagement;
- Manage the content creation and distribution of JWOC’s regular communication channels, including website, social media, annual reports, newsletters, and other information materials.
- Passionate about youth empowerment in Cambodia;
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- Individual donor cultivation, soliciting funds and stewardship experience;
- Web-based communications experience with knowledge of Wordpress and social media channels;
- Native level English oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and team building experience in a multicultural setting
- Sales and/or other customer relations, guest experience management;
- Experience with donor management software (e.g. Donorsnap, Constant Contact);
- Institutional grant/proposal writing;
- Knowledge of non-profit and fundraising best practices
International health insurance, associated Visa/Work permit costs, end of contract bonus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you meet the above criteria and are inspired to join us, please send your CV and cover letter including contact information for three referees to Kneath Heard at email@example.com with “Fundraising Position” in the subject line. All application documents must be in English and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Short-listed candidates may be asked to submit a writing sample.