Full-Time Social Worker (MSW) Position:
The Full-Time Social Worker role is responsible for providing case management, coaching and retention support to Grace participants, women ages 18-64, so that they are able to meet educational/training and employment goals. This role will work closely with participants, meet with them individually, conduct regular workshops and support groups, coach participants on career-development and job-readiness skills, and follow them throughout the Grace program.
Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
- Holds supportive and/or crisis-counseling sessions as required (not all participants will require this) for 220-250 participants, divided into 3 cohorts annually.
- Manage a SNAP-specific caseload to assist with retention
- Collaborates with admissions and recruitment staff by assisting with admissions intake processes including screenings, interviews, and needs assessments
- Collaborates with the Talent Services department to assist in emergency needs for post-program alumnae
- Reaches out to newly admitted participants before they start the program; identifies and discusses challenges and potential persistence issues.
- Builds professional relationships with participants in order to ensure program persistence and long-term job retention.
- Develops and leads workshops and support groups for both participants and alumnae dealing with topics such as professional development, stress management, racialized trauma, time-management, conflict resolution, budgeting, self-esteem building, self-evaluation, and self-care.
- Research applicable city, state, and federal social resources for low-income women.
- Coordinates participant coaching/planning and case management with participants to develop goals for success in the program and liaises with instructors and the Talent Services team
Collaborates with the Director of Participant Engagement and other PE staff to manage cases, and share resources regarding government agencies, outreach and referrals, program policy, and procedures.
- Consistently exhibits Grace Core values.
- Attends staff training and meetings as required.
- Adheres to documentation policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensure in social work or related field.
- Has a social justice lens/ cultural competence and awareness
- Has knowledge and understanding of strength-based approaches
- Has a commitment to lifelong learning
- Understands and has experience working with NYC agencies such as HRA, NYCHA, DOL, etc., and has knowledge of city-sponsored benefits and entitlements
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Has experience facilitating support groups
- Exhibits capacity to think and act strategically to help women succeed
- Displays capacity for critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- Has strong time and project-management ability
- Is able to maintain discretion regarding sensitive issues and confidential information
- Has ability to use an online database as well as standard computer programs
- Displays an ability to develop and maintain accurate case notes, reports, and other organization records organizational records
- Has knowledge of city, state and federal social resources and case-management skills and processes
- Be highly interested in work concerning career-readiness, professional and personal development, and the advancement of women.
- Exhibit leadership, professionalism, and positivity that sets an example for our team and the woman we serve.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for building a Virtual/In-person Community, supporting women and individuals from underrepresented communities through the process of professional training, supportive services, and career counseling.
- Acknowledge inherit privileges, oppressions, implicit and explicit biases, and power dynamics to address and cultivate a workspace and learning environment that upholds diversity and inclusion, accountability and equity, anti-racist practices, combating gender inequality, and all social justice efforts.
- Attend staff training and meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.