District of Columbia
Reports to: Managing Director, Campaigns
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
We’re looking for a Partnerships Manager to track, manage, and foster our outreach to and work with partners across the progressive space.
Our team works to develop and execute aggressive and strategic issue advocacy campaigns, working with a variety of partners. You’ll work with the various campaign teams to help track and coordinate our work with various partners and maintain and build relationships with past, current, and possible future partners by keeping them up-to-date on the overall work of the Hub.
You’ll also serve in a similar role for a new, ongoing undertaking the Hub Project is in the process of launching and incubating. The project, tentatively titled the “Groundwork Partnership,” will focus on advancing a coherent economic worldview within the broader progressive movement. We’ll work with partners from across the movement to weave a through line among efforts and policy ideas that too often seem disparate.
This position will play an integral role at both the Hub Project overall and as part of the new “Groundwork Partnership” project. We need someone with a diverse set of relationships across progressive organizations and the eagerness to build and nurture that set of contacts.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks…
- Track Hub and Groundwork partnerships and contacts.
- Actively manage and engage partners on campaign work, and keep former partners and others in the progressive world up-to-date on our work
- Create a central tracking system for outstanding asks of partners and asks from partners across the Hub and Groundwork
- Serve as an initial and constant contact for partners reaching out to us
- Work closely with the Campaign Directors and other members of campaign teams to ensure a broad and diverse partner outreach strategy is developed and executed for each campaign
- Collaborate with Hub project staff on other teams (digital, communications, research) to anticipate and assist with their partner outreach and keep them updated on what our partners’ priorities are
- Work closely with the Groundwork team to develop and execute an outreach plan
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- You’ve spent numerous years organizing and understand how coalitions can be developed and fostered
- You’re have a diverse range of relationships within the progressive world
- You’re an excellent communicator that thrives on building and maintaining relationships
- You value relationship-building as a skill, and can’t wait to develop an ever-growing network of partners
- You work well with people—and have the patience and sense of humor to work with many different types of organizations and personalities
- You’re a pro at multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- You’re well-organized and live for the details
- You’re a creative problem-solver and you can see around corners
- You’re committed to a just, inclusive, and robust economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans
In addition, it would be a big bonus if…
- You’ve worked in both the advocacy and political campaign spaces
- You have experience working with both national and state-based or local organizations
- You are passionate about economic issues and issues relating to making our democracy work for all
- You’re deeply familiar with the progressive economic policymaking community
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a growing team of communicators, researchers, and organizers with experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups to build creative and effective campaigns.
How to Apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Minimum Education Required