1401 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Center for Democracy & Technology (CDT) is seeking a full-time development manager to support the fundraising and relationship management efforts of the organization. The position will oversee the day-to-day communications with and stewardship of donors and prospects, as well as manage the internal functions associated with donor outreach, cultivation, and stewardship.
CDT offers the opportunity to work collaboratively across a wide variety of tech policy issues and gain experience working with corporate, foundation, and individual donor platforms. This is a growth opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented, development professional seeking to work on a broad range of projects.
CDT is a leading nonprofit public interest organization, working at the cutting edge of digital rights policy. With expertise in law, technology, and policy, CDT engages in a variety of strategies to enhance free expression and privacy, including advocacy, public education, and research. CDT works on legislation, participates in agency rule-makings, engages in litigation, and fosters consensus-building among public interest and private sector stakeholders. CDT in headquartered in Washington, DC. For more information, please visit our About page.
This position reports to the Director of Development. Responsibilities include:
- Manage and execute day-to-day donor correspondence, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts;
- Manage monthly pipeline meetings with program directors and senior leadership team, working closely with the development associate on moves management;
- Develop and manage an annual donor stewardship report for top funders;
- Execute an annual donor communications calendar, working collaboratively with Communications Dept;
- Execute individual giving program, year-end giving campaign and other appeals, in collaboration with Communications Dept. and Director of Development;
- Assist in outreach for fundraising events, including sponsor solicitation and tracking;
- Assist in high net-worth individual prospect research;
- Support Director of Development in outreach to and communication with the Board of Directors, Advisory Council, and CDT Working Groups;
- Assist in administrative functions specific to the development department, including CFC registration, state registrations, and other areas as needed.
Applicants must have:
- 3+ years in development with experience in individual donor communication and pipeline management;
- Excellent writing skills, both in correspondence and long form (such as grants or donor reports);
- Strong attention to detail and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to direct people and projects toward shared goals in a collaborative and positive manner.
Additional qualifications may include:
- A bachelor’s degree;
- Proficiencies in Salesforce, iContact, and Social Tables;
- Basic knowledge of internet technologies and a demonstrated interest in technology policy issues; and
- Familiarity with the Washington DC philanthropic and governmental landscape.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is competitive within the nonprofit space. CDT provides a generous benefits package that includes health care and dental coverage, a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick days, and parental leave.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required