10530 Page Avenue
Volunteer Fairfax, a leading non-profit in northern Virginia, is looking for a Corporate Services and Event Coordinator. For more than 40 years, Volunteer Fairfax has been the heart of volunteering in Fairfax County. Volunteer Fairfax matches the skills and interests of volunteers and donors to the needs of local nonprofit organizations, helping to build a better community through service. Through a variety of programs and services, Volunteer Fairfax strengthens the capacity of our nonprofit members and offers meaningful volunteer opportunities for our citizens. Volunteer Fairfax is looking to hire a full-time experienced event professional to join a team which work on various special events, including signature programs of the center, fund raising events, and corporate days of service. More details about job responsibilities, qualifications, benefits offered and how to apply are below.
The Corporate Services and Events Coordinator will be responsible for leading major annual events and for providing support for additional smaller, annual events on an ad hoc basis. They will also be responsible for managing a portion of the center’s Businesslink portfolio which engages corporations in service. This position will be a part of the Special Events Team and will work together with staff to implement the various planned events.
Areas of Responsibility:
Special Events (50%)
· Plan and manage a cadre of annual special events at the center. Individual will be an integral part of the lEvents Team responsible for executing the center’s special events. The special events this position would manage will be based on the applicant’s skills and experience with event planning.
· Current center special events.
o The Fairfax County Volunteer Service Awards Ceremony (April)
o Give Together – A Family Volunteer Day (January)
o VolunteerFest® (October)
· Management of events include:
o Follow provided budget for event and keep expenses at or below given parameters
o Locate and secure venue
o Work with venue events management staff to negotiate prices, plan menu and all venue logistics, audio visual needs, timeline and supply drop off
o Determine and coordinate programmatic aspects of event to include registration, volunteer coordination, and post evaluation.
o Work with Communications Manager to plan and implement events’ outreach plan
o Work with vendors to and select and order supplies for event
o Update website with accurate information
o Work with and solicit event partners including Board of Supervisors, Sponsors and Board of Directors
o Work with CEO to solicit sponsorships and donations for the event.
o Secure talent and speakers for event
o Work with staff to develop and finalize creative collateral for event (i.e. invitation, program, etc.)
o Hire and manage interns to assist with events
o Coordinate and manage registration
o Develop Audio Visual program
o Plan for and lead staff and board in their assistance of special event
- The opportunity to propose and create new special events based on center needs.
Corporate Service Management (45%)
Through Businesslink, VF pairs corporate clients with nonprofits and arranges days of community service for the corporate client’s staff. In coordination with other Corporate Service staff members, you will manage a portion of the Businesslink portfolio of corporate days of service and serve as liaison between partner nonprofits and corporate client to include all aspects from project proposals to day of project management.
This includes initial meeting with corporate client to scope services required for day of service, creation of project proposal, coordination of project sites, ongoing communication with corporate lead and specific Site Leads, placement and training of staff, day-of coordination, and creation of final report.
- Create proposal of projects to corporations for selection
- Ongoing communication with Corporation Lead and specific Site Leads
- Coordinate and attend all site visits between VF, corporations and nonprofits
- Organize project logistics, supplies, research transportation, and work with site leads
- Coordinate projects at all selected locations
- Create master plans that contain all necessary information for corporations and VF site leads
- Place and train staff for day of event
- Provide program details, such as mission of agency and brief description of volunteer work to corporations to populate the volunteer registration database
- Provide information to site leads to give to registered volunteers
- Includes: time, location, directions, needed resources, appropriate dress and mission statement and information of nonprofit
- Serve as a VF site lead day of event
- Create survey to be sent to Volunteers for post evaluation of event
- Compile results of evaluation as well as event details and suggestions for following year for corporation leadership into final report
- Works with Development Director and other Corporate Service staff to identify and contact potential corporate clients.
- On occasion this position will require out of the area travel for training and corporate activations
Other Program Support (5%)
· Provides support to all program staff as needed.
· Supervise in-house volunteers as needed.
· Performs other duties as needed.
· Some VF events and activities require physical effort such as lifting and moving project supplies (up to 50 lbs) and standing for long periods of time.
· As some VF activities require offsite attendance, must have a valid driver’s license and access to an automobile for local travel; may also need to be able to drive a cargo van or 10-14” truck.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently on projects with minimum supervision
- Interest and ability to work as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers
- Ability to foster relationships with businesses interested in providing corporate days of service
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- More than one year of special event planning and/or related experience preferred; volunteer experience is acceptable
- Solid competency in Microsoft Office products, Web research & Email
- Ability and desire to master new database technology programs
- Previous experience working or volunteering in a non-profit organization preferable
- Event or similar project management experience a plus
- BA or BS degree preferred
Volunteer Fairfax offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical (including dental and vision) short term disability, long term disability and life insurance; Simple IRA with up to 3% match; vacation and sick leave; paid time-off to volunteer in the community each quarter; flexible scheduling; and professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter explaining why you think this is a match for you and for Volunteer Fairfax, resume and salary requirement to: Jeanine Lauth, HR Specialist (email@example.com). In the subject line of your email, please include "Corporate Services and Events Coordinator-your last name". Please, only serious candidates should apply.