Several Temporary Program Assistant Positions Available for Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island
- Job posted by Make the Road New York
Part Time Temporary
Details: Starting compensation is based on a scale set by a democratically-elected personnel committee and will depend on factors such as experience and education.
Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island
Make the Road New York (www.maketheroadny.org) is a non-profit organization that builds the power of Latino and working class communities to achieve dignity and justice through organizing, policy innovation, transformative education, and survival services. We have 21,000 members and operate community centers in Bushwick, Brooklyn; Jackson Heights, Queens; Port Richmond, Staten Island; and Brentwood, Long Island.
MRNY’s Adult Literacy Department seeks highly motivated, organized, dedicated temporary part-time Program Assistants with a great sense of responsibility and desire to contribute his/her best to do temporary work to support the adult literacy program. The Program Assistants will be responsible for entering data in Salesforce database, helping with student intake, and other administrative tasks to support MRNY’s ESOL and other adult education classes, as needed.
During very busy periods we need up to 20 additional hours of support a week. We need individuals willing to work flexible hours up to 20 a week if needed. Temporary assistance will likely be needed for 2-4 weeks at a time for these busy periods. We will work with staff members to determine exact schedules.
The Program Assistant will, among other things:
- Book intake appointments for classes
- Test students English language skills using Best Plus software
- Enroll students in classes
- Re-enrollment of students
- Enter student and program data into Salesforce
- Communicate with other staff including teachers and volunteers
- Review students’ records, email staff with different requests
- Help with filling out any forms needed, answering and making phones calls, photocopying, faxing, filing, typing, updating waiting lists.
- Attend trainings and meetings as needed
- Complete other tasks, as needed, to support the department.
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish (spoken and written), and comfortable conducting outreach, intake, and phone calls in Spanish
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related career, and at least 2 years previous experience working in an office setting
- Strong computer and administrative skills
- Must be a trustworthy individual, with the flexibility to work different days and hours including during the evening and on occasional weekends in Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island, as needed.
- Strong ability and flexibility to multi-task. Must be efficient, communicative, a team player and work well under pressure; be a fast learner, take initiative and work independently with high quality standards.
- Ability to type at least 35 wpm and have demonstrated computer experience in office programs including Salesforce, Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish (verbal and written)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email résumé and cover letter ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interviews will likely be held the weeks of April 2nd and April 9th.
MRNY is an equal opportunity employer. Women, LGBTQ, and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.