The Manager of Volunteer & Corporate Engagement will be responsible for ongoing recruitment, training, retention and appreciation of volunteers via various on-site and off-site activities that are directly related to the services provided at our SAGE Centers. They will ensure that all volunteers have positive, fulfilling experiences and feel welcomed and informed throughout the process.
Volunteer Program Management:
· Work with Sr. Director of Programs & Services to set annual goals and volunteer program objectives.
· Create a strategic vision to attract, retain, and develop volunteers and partners so that SAGE can offer a best-in-class volunteer experience that meets SAGE’s social mission goals and priorities; initiate efforts to grow SAGE’s volunteer corps through new and existing volunteer opportunities; and offer meaningful opportunities for volunteers to bring their best to our work.
· Day to day management of SAGE’s Volunteer Program at SAGE’s Centers for LGBT Older Adults.
· Provides support to SAGE’s Older Adult Centers and the Program & Services department by assisting to meet deliverables and developing programs for participants.
· Respond to daily incoming emails, phone calls, walk-ins and referrals regarding volunteer opportunities at SAGE.
· Responsible for volunteer training & orientation at SAGE.
· Oversee daily on-site volunteer activities at SAGE Centers.
· Manage and maintain all volunteer records, including data entry and reporting.
· Scheduling and executing volunteer events, both on-site and off-site or pop-up events in the NY Metro area.
· Represent SAGE at all volunteer-related outreach virtual or in person events, as needed
· Plan and execute volunteer appreciation activities, including annual volunteer award ceremony, volunteer highlights and incentives.
· Collaborate with Communications and Development Departments in promoting all volunteer events via blog, social media platforms and other related outlets.
· Serves as a back-up resource and assists other team members on specific projects and in ensuring and expediting the workflow of the department
· Develop systems to collect information to track and evaluate program effectiveness. Maintain a volunteer database that will Track volunteer hours and assignments, creating an automated system for tracking deliverables.
Corporate Development & Engagement:
· Work with the Development Officer – Corporate Partnership to ensure a high‐quality volunteer experience for every corporate volunteer and create engagement offerings that reflect the changing work environment.
· Provide logistical and other support to create and execute engagement opportunities for corporate partners and donors including volunteer presentations and other programs (virtual and in-person).
· Assist with responding to corporate and community volunteer and engagement related inquiries
· Coordinate and attend volunteer opportunities (virtual and in-person) for corporate partners
· Work with CRM software such as Salesforce to accurately track and report out various details of partnership information.
· BA in social work, public administration or related field with at least two years of professional experience; substantial relevant work experience (5+ years) may be substituted for degree
· Computer proficient
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to multi-task in fast-paced atmosphere
· Flexible and dependable – This position requires some flexibility around scheduling. Some evening hours required
Strongly Desired Qualifications
· Substantive work experience in the field of aging and/or service provision to LGBT constituencies
· Felt knowledge of history and issues facing marginalized older adults
· Cultural and linguistic competency to enable effective communication among diverse groups of elders
The Manager of Volunteer & Corporate Engagement will be responsible for ongoing recruitment, training, retention and appreciation of volunteers via various on-site and off-site activities that are directly…
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager of Volunteer & Corporate Engagement” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Manager of Volunteer…