Details: $100,000 - $120,000 - Salary
IHI is a leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide. For more than 25 years, we have partnered with visionaries, leaders, and front-line practitioners around the globe to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. Recognized as an innovator, convener, trustworthy partner, and driver of results, we are the first place to turn for expertise, help, and encouragement for anyone, anywhere who wants to change health and health care profoundly for the better. Learn more at ihi.org.
This position reports to the Head of Europe and Latin America and is responsible for delivering on the work throughout Europe connected to the aims of the region, in line with IHI's strategy. They oversee IHI's work in these countries working closely with the Head of Region and Europe Operations Lead to provide project support, leadership, business development, and overall management to these countries.
- Project and Operational Delivery
- Accountable for project performance
- Provide expert improvement advice
- Assist with deployment of regional team, development of team members, recruitment of expert faculty
- Business Development
- Responsible for new business development for new opportunities
- Identify business improvement opportunities, develop market and customer strategies
- Partner with New Business team and Europe team to support proposal development
- Customer Service and Partner Relationships
- Develop and maintain key partner relationships
- Promote a customer-focused delivery of projects and programmes
- Leadership and Management
- Helps to lead the Europe regional team
- Work closely with other regional and portfolio teams to promote IHI strategic vision
- Promotes equity, diversity and inclusion in employment practices and leadership relationships
Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare landscape in Europe
- Extensive knowledge of the NHS in the UK
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership, management, and relationship building skills
- Strong external communication skills, with experience of speaking at conferences and facilitating groups
- Ability to make difficult and challenging decisions that support strategic aims and long-term vision.
- Ability to work across boundaries, looking for collective success, listening, involving others, and respecting and learning from the contribution of others
- Record of successfully engineering and crafting innovative solutions that offer customers greater choice and higher return on their investment.
- At least 8 years of healthcare leadership experience in the NHS (UK), including at least 4 years specifically on leading or managing improvement efforts
- A Masters' degree in healthcare or related field
- Track record of successful strategy development and execution in healthcare
- Expertise on the science of improvement through IHI mechanisms (from Open School through Improvement Advisor training) is preferred
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, political beliefs, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.