The Hudson Square Business Improvement District (HSBID) is a New York City not-for-profit organization. Our general purpose is to enhance the quality of life for the people who work in the Hudson Square neighborhood, and create a socially, environmentally and economically sustainable community. Hudson Square is nestled among the densely populated neighborhoods of Soho, the West Village and Tribeca. In the last two decades, it has become one of NYC’s Creative Districts, boasting a daytime population of 70,000+ people working in more than 1,000 firms in creative sectors ranging from technology, advertising, media, communications and other cutting-edge industries. Some of the companies that call Hudson Square home include Edelman, Glossier, Horizon Media, New York Public Radio, Wieden + Kennedy, Squarespace, Viacom, Warby Parker, and in the next few years, the new homes of Google and Disney.
Since Covid-19, the daily population has reduced significantly, but as more people get vaccinated we anticipate our daily workforce population will increase. Our goal is to communicate that the Hudson Square neighborhood is a vibrant, creative neighborhood, promote retail and help facilitate the return of the workforce.
HSBID is currently seeking a full-time Operations Associate who will work directly with the Vice President of Administration + Operations (VP). HSBID has three major contracts under the auspices of the Operations Department: district-wide maintenance services, landscaping, and Pedestrian Safety Managers (PSMs). Under the VP’s supervision, the Operations Associate will provide contract oversight, compliance, and reporting for each of these contracts. This will include on-site assessments and observations in the field as well as data analysis.
The Operations Associate also serves as the BID’s liaison with representatives from NYC government agencies and local stakeholders, including property and facilities managers. The Operations Associate is expected to develop relationships with these stakeholders and keep staff updated on governmental policy changes that impact our services.
The VP also oversees Board and Task Force meetings and is responsible for the preparation and tracking of HSBID’s annual budget. The Operations Associate will be expected to assist in these tasks, specifically in regards to scheduling, preparation of meeting materials, and documenting the meeting’s minutes.
COVID-19 Recovery Plan
· Coordinate installation logistics with landscaper and furnishings installer
· Order furnishing materials for the Outdoor Dining plan (parklets)
· Coordinate with Marketing Team and Planning Team on the installation schedule
· Coordinate with maintenance team for reserving, power washing and furnishing parklets
Maintenance Services Contract
· Oversee maintenance services in Spring Street Park, Freeman Plaza East and West, Open Streets, and streetscape infrastructure
· Track shifts/schedules of workers
· Monitor maintenance cases and specialized services
Horticultural Services Contract
· Coordinate seasonal plantings and landscaping in open spaces and parklets
· Oversee installation and landscaping maintenance schedule
· Document quality/durability of seasonal installations
· Track watering services and tree health program
· Respond to stakeholder requests for information
· Assist with 311 (filing a complaint)
· Track DOT and CECM permits to see how the work will impact constitutents
· Coordinate/communicate with City agencies, utility companies, property managers
· Work with Salesforce platform to track and quantify maintenance and constituent services
· Create Salesforce cases to track services
· Manage, update and edit all contacts and records
· Visualize data using Salesforce Maps to analyze spatial trends
· Assist in scheduling external and board meetings
· Assist in preparation of meeting materials and presentations
· Write the meeting minutes and submit in a timely manner
· Oversee and coordinate with PSM supervisor daily (Monday-Friday)
· Track shifts/schedule
· Conduct biweekly calls to assess traffic conditions and plan future
SAPO (Street Activity Permitting Office) permits
· Apply for and monitor SAPO permits for any BID programming
· Check online events portal regularly and update staff and/or property managers on street events that may impact day-to-day operations
· Coordinate permitting process with City agencies (e.g. SAPO, 1st Precinct, CB2)
S/he must have excellent communication skills – both written/verbal and the ability to communicate with constituents and City agencies. Applicants should have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time. Applicants should be both analytical and creative thinker, take direction well and have the ability to work independently with quick deadlines.
The Hudson Square Business Improvement District is a not-for-profit organization with seven full-time employees. Applicant should be adaptable to working in a small environment and pitching in on different tasks as they arise. In addition, the applicant should be a self- starter, extremely organized and have the ability to work well both with others and independently. The ideal candidate will have an interest in and commitment to the life of our City and our neighborhood. Interested parties should forward a resume and cover letter to Corey Kunz at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hudson Square Business Improvement District (HSBID) is a New York City not-for-profit organization. Our general purpose is to enhance the quality of life for the people who work in the Hudson Square neighborhood, and create a…