Details: Additional pay Driver status. Min HS diploma, Max BA. Salaries displayed are for 40 hours per week.
Grow your career with AHRC!
-Mission Driven Organization
-Excellent Health Insurance
AHRC NYC’s programs provide person-centered support for positive change and personal improvement. We support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a variety of settings as they work to attain the joys of independence and growth with the assistance of professionally trained staff. Our residences throughout the five boroughs are currently home to hundreds of people, and are staffed 24/7 with Direct Support Professionals.
We are currently seeking Evening Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) in the all 5 boroughs:
• Typical evening shifts are 3pm-11pm and include working on the weekends
• Some day shifts available- include working weekends
• Licensed Drivers: REQUIRED for all day and evening positions
Are you a DSP candidate?
We are seeking patient, understanding, and team oriented people to support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in community participation, advocacy and building meaningful relationships.
• Interested parties must be able to teach, provide counseling and problem solve, while fostering a nurturing, personalized home environment
• Other responsibilities include:
- The oversight of all safety and health considerations
- Promoting skill development, interests, and hobbies
- Assisting with meals, Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Other personalized responsibilities including cooking, cleaning, hygiene, etc.
• Professionalism; integrity; excellent communication skills; lots of patience required.
• High school education/GED or equivalent required; additional education preferred
• Valid NYS Driver's License REQUIRED for evening staff
• Experience with PwI/DD preferred.
• Willingness to support people's preferences for community, activities, work, leisure activities, the exercise of their rights etc. in various settings.
• Ability to stay alert and awake at all times; use a computer for data entry; flexibility
AHRC NYC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity
Excellent Health Insurance! $1 for individual or family coverage
Great Dental Plan! $1 for individual or family coverage
Vision Plan at no cost
Retirement Plan with employer match
Flexible spending account
Minimum Education Required