3211 4th Street Northeast
District of Columbia
To monitor sub-recipients for compliance with federal financial regulations, and verify federal grant sub-recipient expenditures, while serving as backup to the Sr. Grants Accountant. Contributes to the Bishops' strategic plan for the Conference. Demonstrates willingness and ability to understand, respect and contribute to the USCCB mission and to fulfill job duties in accordance with its Catholic identity.
- Review and reconciliation of MRIS database records to Abila MIP (the accounting system) in conjunction with month-end close
- Leads troubleshooting process to resolve payment issues with sub recipients.
- Generate financial reports
- Analyze accounts and prepares adjusting journal entries
Educational Level: Bachelor's Degree(related work experience may be substituted for education requirements)
Major Field/Specialty: Accounting, Business Administration, Grants Management
Other Specialized Training: (i.e., word processing, personal computer, knowledge of Catholic Church, etc.)
- PC applications - database maintenance, spreadsheets, word processing
- Federal Grants management experience (familiarity with Uniform Guidance or OMB Circulars beneficial)
- Financial or Single Audit (A-133) experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church, its mission, structure and teachings
Type and Nature of Professional Experience:
- Federal grant accounting & reporting requirements
- Familiarity with Uniform Guidance requirements and Federal grant administration
Number of Years Required: A minimum of 3-4 years of work related experience
Medical, Dental, Vision, Smart Benefits, and more.
Minimum Education Required