ABOUT THE HOUSING PARTNERSHIP NETWORK
Housing Partnership Network (HPN) is an award-winning membership network of 100 of the nation’s leading affordable housing and community development nonprofits. Through practitioner-driven peer exchange, policy and innovation, the Housing Partnership Network’s mission is to leverage the individual strengths and mobilize the collective power of our member organizations. Our vision is that all people live in vibrant and inclusive communities where access to affordable homes creates opportunity and economic mobility.
Since our founding in 1992, HPN has collectively served over 12.8 million people; developed, rehabilitated, or preserved about 470,000 affordable homes; and launched 14 successful social enterprises. Our work has been recognized with honors including the MacArthur Award for Creative & Effective Institutions and Wells Fargo NEXT Award for Opportunity Finance. Learn more at www.housingpartnership.net.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND EQUITY
HPN is committed to creating a diverse and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. HPN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We aspire to build a diverse team, one that better reflects the people and communities we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Collaboration - We are a true network. We believe in the power and benefits of broad engagement, empowerment and collaboration.
Connection - We actively build relationships that connect people, ideas, and organizations to forge new paths for improving communities.
Racial Equity - We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion at HPN, and helping members advance initiatives that dismantle long-standing systemic racial biases and discrimination to achieve economic and social justice.
Inclusion - We recognize our power comes from the collective and cooperative nature of our work, based on an environment that is inclusive of diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives.
Respect - We are open, honest, and respectful in all of our interactions which strengthens our relationships, our mission, our work with colleagues and members, and ultimately the lives of the people we all serve.
Transformation - We work with our members to transform our industry by creating systemic solutions to help people who live in our communities to thrive.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Director Project Management, you will be responsible for all aspects of diverse projects and lead cross-functional teams to achieve project goals. You will have an opportunity to make a direct impact towards the success of HPN, as well as the opportunity to bring your expertise and creativity into the role.
The Director, Project Management will work directly with HPN staff, members, vendors, and stakeholders to ensure project deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. They will coordinate with the project partners (internal and external) to ensure all aspects of each of the project components are compatible and achievable, and will help identify resource needs.
This is a Director level position without staff, but often times will work with and manage consultants. The Director will work with a certain level of autonomy in concert with the Vice President of Operations and Information Systems. As such, this position requires someone with experience in all aspects of Project Management including experience in Business Analysis and Change Management. You should be comfortable with a complex, fast-paced, and changing work environment and also able to quickly and concisely understand and synthesize goals/needs for a wide variety of specialized projects with a strong collaborative nature and internal customer orientation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for the implementation of projects leveraging HPN resources including Finance, Information Systems, Knowledge Management, Operations, Human Resources, and in support of all program managers.
· Analyze project resource needs and review staffing/capacity requirements with the appropriate department heads.
· Coordinate matrixed partner resources and align cross-functional teams to execute projects within designated timelines and budget.
· Manage vendors/consultants assigned to projects.
· Establish agendas, facilitate discovery session, and lead project meetings.
· Lead feasibility studies and proof of concept initiatives for pre-project scoping activities.
· Schedule internal and external meetings with project staff and stakeholders of all levels to provide status updates and coordinate feedback.
· Build project documentation including Statements of Work, timing plans, budgets, risk and issue logs, change requests, and JIRA boards.
· Produce and maintain comprehensive project plans (Gantt charts, etc.), action registers, detailed meeting minutes, and other project documentation to be shared with stakeholders as well as other staff members.
· Maintain project documentation (in SharePoint libraries) throughout the project that include highlight reports, status, risk and issues logs, internal status sheets, decision history, training materials, and other artifacts.
· Lead Change Management efforts to ensure smooth implementations and alleviate staff concerns.
· Track and be accountable for project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals and deliverables within timeline and budget.
· Lead project close-out analyses and after action reviews.
· Lead other initiatives as needed.
• A technical degree is preferred (Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar). Alternatively, individuals who are non-technical but have extensive experience in managing technical projects will also be considered.
• Five+ years of professional business experience.
• Three+ years of Project Management experience.
• Experience with Agile Methodology, Agile PM/BA, PMP, Prince2 or other PM Certification preferred.
• Management and ownership of project work plans, budgets, invoicing, change of scope, resource allocation and deliverable management.
• Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and creative problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated change management skills.
• Strong client and vendor relationship skills.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Advanced skills in a project management software (MS Project, Smartsheet, Trello, etc).
• Working knowledge of JIRA a plus.
• Working knowledge of Salesforce and PowerBI is a plus.
• Familiarity with collaboration and time management tools.
• Excellent client-facing communication skills with all levels of stakeholders.
• Strong facilitation skills with an ability to articulate and drive alignment on project goals with a wide variety of stakeholders.
· Greater Boston, MA area strongly preferred
· Some travel required
· New employees need to be either (1) fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or (2) granted an exemption prior to beginning work at HPN.
Please submit cover letter and resume
ABOUT THE HOUSING PARTNERSHIP NETWORK
Housing Partnership Network (HPN) is an award-winning membership network of 100 of the nation’s leading affordable housing and community development nonprofits. Through practitioner-driven peer…