Details: Commensurate with experience
72 McBride Avenue
The Hamilton Partnership seeks a dynamic, highly organized self-starter to assist with bookkeeping and office management, donor and community relations, and project support.
The Administrative Associate will report primarily to the President and work directly with the Program Director and Treasurer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Bookkeeping and Office Management
- Work with Treasurer and accountants to prepare monthly expense reports, operating and project budgets, issue checks, and manage bank deposits
- Work with accountants to manage annual audit
- Coordinate meetings for Board of Trustees, visiting consultants, and government officials
- Organize and maintain office files and supplies
- Prepare mailings and FedEx packages
- Submit maintenance requests
Donor and Community Relations
- Correspond with Trustees, donors, and government officials via phone, email, and written letters
- Facilitate effective relationships with local businesses, restaurants, community centers, and places of worship
- Review and edit proposals, speeches, and fundraising materials
- Write one-pagers and project summaries
- Help with grant applications, events, National Park Service activities, fundraising, and executive support as needed
The position will require occasional nights and weekends for Hamilton Partnership and National Park events and meetings (an average of less than one per month).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university REQUIRED
- At least 2 years administrative and/or nonprofit work experience
- Experience or demonstrated interest in economic development, environment and sustainability, urban planning, historic preservation, and/or other key issues in urban revitalization
- Excellent writing skills, including a mastery of English grammar and the ability to tailor writing styles for different audiences; ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with a diverse range of individuals including: nonprofit staff, foundation officials, youth, community stakeholders, government officials, members and donors, and distinguished board members
- Keen attention to detail
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Desire to work intimately within a diverse and vibrant urban community
Preferred: experience using Facebook and other social media platforms in a professional capacity; experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs including Photoshop and InDesign; experience using web content management systems such as Drupal
We encourage candidates who are current or former residents of Paterson to apply.
The Hamilton Partnership for Paterson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Flexible vacation and sick time policies.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required; any level of proficiency in Spanish, Arabic, Turkish, and/or Bengali is desired but not necessary for the position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter including salary requirements, and one short writing sample (no more than 1-2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document with “Administrative Associate (your full name)” in the subject title. Please include how you found out about this opening.