Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is a nonpartisan law and policy institute that works to hold our political institutions and laws accountable to the twin American ideals of democracy and equal justice for all. Brennan Center’s work ranges from voting rights to campaign finance reform, from ending mass incarceration to preserving Constitutional protection in the fight against terrorism. Part think tank, part advocacy group, part cutting-edge communications hub, we start with rigorous research. We craft innovative policies. And we fight for them – in Congress and the states, the courts, and in the court of public opinion.
Brennan Center is seeking a Web Product Manager to work within the digital technology team in our New York office.
Brennan Center’s web presence and web properties are essential for the delivery of the organization's programs and efforts, and the web product manager is therefore the key architect, manager, and enabler – responsible for ensuring this ecosystem of web products are built and maintained beautifully, strategically, usefully and intuitively. This is a hybrid role that seeks excellent project management skills, a strong understanding of user experience and digital trends, and web production skills.
The web product manager will be responsible for the strategic and technical oversight of Brennan Center’s digital properties. S/he will be charged with developing the strategy and standards by which all digital properties are built and maintained. The web product manager leads both development and works closely with the creative, editorial and fundraising and advocacy teams to develop the tools to meet our engagement and fundraising goals. This role manages the web roadmap and builds digital technologies that support the strategy and mission of the organization. This position is charged with ensuring that all Brennan Center’s web tools are agile, stable, and secure. The perfect candidate is inspired by Brennan Center’s mission and loves building websites and tools that inspire action.
- Synthesize needs and requirements for web development from internal and external stakeholders to build web tools.
- Manage the web budget, managing priorities, resources and timeline
- Work as the point person for developers and technical consultants to scope, request, and implement new iterations and features for the website.
- Oversee code development making sure it meets technical specifications and is of the highest quality
- Implement and execute new content or changes on the website or other digital properties as required.
- Understand user experience and listen and watch to how users are using the website and strive to make it better.
- Lead development by relying on data and analytics to improve upon the web properties
- Minimum of 3-5 years or more of relevant experience in digital and website management
- Experience in programming, communications, technology.
- Strong knowledge of digital production technologies includes content management systems .
- Comfort with and extensive knowledge of Drupal.
- Comfort with and knowledge of email marketing platforms (Mailchimp, Pardot, etc.)
- Some experience with online marketing, fundraising, advocacy and engagement strategies.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to explain technology clearly and succinctly to non-technical staff.
- Strong organizational and project management skills essential, with the ability to work collaboratively and quickly with a variety of vendors, departments and stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively and quickly with a variety of vendors, departments and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of digital and data tools including databases, social media and constituent management systems.
- Some familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM is helpful.
Applications: Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and decisions will be made as soon as exemplary candidates are identified. To apply, visit http://brennancenter.applytojob.com/apply/VpBJrMvlTk/Web-Product-Manager. Please upload the following application materials: cover letter (copy and paste where indicated), resume, and contact information for three references. Also provide URLs for 3-5 projects or publications that you have managed with a narrative explanation of your role in their development; detail any challenges or complications you overcame. No phone calls or faxes. Please reference where you saw this posting.
If you have difficulty with the online system, you may send your application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Web Product Manager” in the subject line, after registering in the online system. Applying through our website is strongly preferred.
The Brennan Center for Justice is committed to a workplace based on equal opportunity and a strong belief in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. To this end, Brennan Center:
- Hires staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity;
- Considers and hires applicants who have been previously incarcerated;
- Creates a workplace where true diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged;
- Ensures that all members of the Brennan Center community feel welcome and respected, and have equal opportunities to thrive and advance within the institution; and
- Is committed to supporting low-income communities and communities of color particularly affected by social inequities.
Excellent benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and decisions will be made as soon as exemplary candidates are identified. To apply, visit http://brennancenter.applytojob.com/apply/VpBJrMvlTk/Web-Product-Manager. Please upload the following application materials: cover letter (copy and paste where indicated), resume, and contact information for three references. Also provide URLs for 3-5 projects or publications that you have managed with a narrative explanation of your role in their development; detail any challenges or complications you overcame. No phone calls or faxes. Please reference where you saw this posting.