The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is seeking a Membership Manager within the Membership & Marketing department. NAEYC is a professional membership organization that works to promote high-quality early learning for all young children, birth through age 8, by connecting early childhood practice, policy, and research. NAEYC advances a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and supports all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Membership, the Membership Manager works on NAEYC's Membership and Marketing team to oversee the associations member experience. This role is also responsible for developing and implementing a membership growth strategy which includes recruitment and retention campaigns, engagement initiatives, and data analysis in order to meet and exceed membership goals. The Membership Manager will play a critical role on NAEYC's Marketing team and oversee the development and execution of membership communications and the creation of marketing plans, utilizing them to promote the NAEYC brand, its products, services and benefits.
- Oversees the NAEYC membership experience including recruitment and retention messaging via email, social and print; benefits management; event programming; and community building.
- Develops and maintains member recruitment and retention campaigns with a focus on reaching new and more diverse audiences.
- Monitors, develops, and reports on membership trends and key analytics in order to understand member patterns and behaviors.
- Partners with NAEYC Affiliates and the NAEYC Affiliate Relations department in developing ways to work together on member recruitment, retention and experience, ensuring consistent communications across the Affiliate network.
- Acts as a key liaison with other resource departments to discuss and implement opportunities to promote membership retention and recruitment across all appropriate channels.
- Manages the Community Manager portfolio and oversee the NAEYC digital community platform, HELLO.
- Works closely with the Director of Membership and Marketing to track and maintain the membership budget to ensure the department is meeting revenue and expense goal.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
For each of the items listed above, the Membership Manager must:
- Work collaboratively with related departments such as creative services, content, digital strategy and association services. Serve as the external representative for membership where appropriate.
- Target and engage specific NAEYC audiences (to include members, non-members, teachers of children age 08, school directors and administrators, faculty of early education programs, parents and others).
- Effectively utilize NAEYC's association management system to query data and run scheduled membership processes.
- Plan and communicate well-developed timelines, with clear action items for individuals involved.
- Establish key benchmarks and metrics to measure the success of any given marketing effort and reports them back to the NAEYC leadership team.
- Continuously make recommendations to improve efforts based on lessons learned, best practice and past results.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Experience & Training Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in a related field (e.g. marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, client relations).
- Candidates must have at least two to four years of relevant professional experience and must have a proven track record of customer service and care, creating and managing successful marketing campaigns, ideally campaigns focused on member recruitment, engagement, and retention. Experience working for membership associations and/or communications agencies is a plus.
- Experience in the field of Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Experience using association management software such as Abila or iMIS to conduct member research, develop targeted audience sub-groups and evaluate ongoing efforts is required.
- Experience working with social media channels and leveraging social media to support marketing campaigns is required.
- Experience tracking and analyzing data required.
Desired Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Expertise in digital marketing and communications, including social media and email marketing.
- Excellent writing skills and a proven ability to translate key messages into clear and effective communications.
- Superb project management skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively across departments, including those outside of the communications spectrum.
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with a proven ability to develop creative ideas and work as part of a team to bring those ideas to fruition.
Physical Demands: Activities associated with working in an office environment.
Special Demands: Some travel is required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - NAEYC is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information, disability, or protected veterans status, or any other factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable.