1400 I Street Northwest
District of Columbia
In this position, the Research Manager will serve as the Campaign’s subject matter expert on key issues, develop and disseminate relevant materials, and work with other Campaign staff to ensure information is utilized to promote the mission of the Campaign. This is an exempt position.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on key issues. Develop command of information resources of the Campaign and respond to inquiries from staff, partners, media, and the public for information.
- Conduct secondary research and analyze studies on relevant topics. Develop and update fact sheets, presentations, reports, etc. based on this research in collaboration with other research staff. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, tobacco’s toll data, state and national tobacco prevalence data, tobacco industry marketing, and state tobacco prevention programs.
- Assist in gathering, managing and organizing large datasets in Microsoft Excel, including state-specific statistics on prevalence and trends in tobacco use. Update materials and respond to requests using these data.
- Assist in the monitoring and collection of tobacco industry “bad acts,” new products, and marketing examples through social media, news media, and industry financial reporting.
- Assist in organizing Research Department Resources – publications, fact sheets, presentations, etc. and assist in tracking and locating new research.
· Support other work of the Campaign in advocating and implementing effective tobacco control policies.
· Perform other duties as directed by Vice Presidents, Research.
· Demonstrated experience working with numbers, data, and research studies.
· Diligent attention to detail.
· Excellent research, writing and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of research methods and ability to understand research, evaluate for applicability, and translate for tobacco control policy formulation and advocacy.
· Experience with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
· Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, both written and orally.
· Team player attitude.
· Experience in tobacco control or public health preferred. Legislative or political/advocacy experience helpful.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree in public health, public policy, or similar field preferred.
· The ideal candidate will have two to three years of professional experience. Relevant master’s degree training can substitute for work experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position code RM: 07 in the subject line of your email. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.