Reporting to the Manager of Grants and Planned Giving, the Development Associate-Government Relations is responsible for preparing, submitting, renewing, and reporting on all government grants and government contracts for the organization and maintaining the government grants and contracts calendar. The Associate will also work with finance staff on contract/grant budget creation, budget revisions, coordination of audits, and audit responses.
Government Grant/Contract Related Duties
- Works with program staff to submit all monthly, quarterly, and annual programmatic reports to government funders.
- Responsible for ensuring that reporting requirements for all government grants and contracts are being met and we are in compliance with grant commitments.
- Completes and executes government contract renewals.
- Works with finance staff on all contract/grant budget creation and budget revisions.
- Assist with the preparation of program related proposals.
- Identifies and completes Requests for Proposals and contract amendments for government grants.
- Maintains data on existing government grants (contract numbers, amounts, etc).
- Meets regularly with program staff to give updates on funding requirements, obtain information for program reports, ensure appropriate contact staff attend funder meetings.
- Works with finance staff on coordination of audits, and audit responses.
- Support the grants team on foundation and grant materials as needed.
- Collects, analyzes, and synthesizes information from program staff.
- Check processing and data entry input in Raiser’s Edge software.
- Drafts and completes thank you notes to funders.
- Research and write a broad range of documents including, proposals, reports, evaluations, and correspondence.
- Explore new opportunities for grant funding.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Bachelr's degree preferred.
2-3 years of government grants experience preferred. First-hand experience with disability preferred. Excellent writing, organizational, communication and research skills; ability to work independently with efficiency and accuracy; ability to deal effectively with people; basic computer skills.
Salary Range: $37,000-$41,000
Access Living offers excellent benefits, vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to:
No phone calls, please.