Details: Salary is competitive and based on experience
309 E. 103rd Street
Development Associate Position Available Immediately
Unique opportunity at nationally acclaimed, independent middle school in East Harlem, New York
The East Harlem School at Exodus House is seeking an organized, ambitious, detail oriented and self-motivated individual who will support the fundraising efforts of a middle school with an annual operating budget of approximately $2.6 million. The Development Associate will have the opportunity to be directly involved with fundraising, event planning, and marketing.
The Development Associate will join a driven, dynamic, and young administrative team and work closely with the Director of Development to:
- Plan and execute two major annual fundraising events
- Accurately maintain donation records in development database (eTapestry/Blackbaud) and liaison with the finance department to ensure proper accounting of gifts
- Coordinate timely acknowledgement letters to funders
- Draft copy for marketing materials including a quarterly e-newsletter and annual report
- Update and maintain the school’s website
- Perform prospect research on individuals, foundations and corporations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly organized, thoughtful, and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to maintaining accurate and confidential donor records
- Strong project management skills with an ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with any database software preferred
- Experience in website maintenance, and with Photoshop preferred
- Interest in working with and on behalf of middle school aged students from low-income families
- A sense of humor and desire to share your outside interests and passions with our community of students, teachers, and administrators
A competitive benefits package, including dental insurance, is offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Strong English written and oral communication skills are required. Spanish proficiency is a plus, but but a requirement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Alex Mitchell, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.