1047 Amsterdam Avenue
Production Coordinator, Cathedral Productions
Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine
The Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine, the mother church of the Episcopal Diocese of New York and the seat of its bishop, is chartered as a house of prayer for all people and a unifying center of intellectual light and leadership. It serves the many diverse people of our diocese, city, nation and world through an array of liturgical, cultural and civic events; pastoral, educational and community outreach activities; and maintains the preservation of the great architectural and historic site that is its legacy.
The Cathedral Productions program supports a wide range of activities and programs at the Cathedral and has primary management responsibility for all productions at the Cathedral. Cathedral Productions supplies technical support for Church services, as well as for over a hundred hosted events, and coordinates administrative and technical support for activities in Synod Hall, Cathedral House and elsewhere on the Cathedral Close.
The Production Coordinator supports the Director of Cathedral Productions and oversees administrative duties associated with the coordination and management of all production related events. In addition, the Production Coordinator will handle the “back end” of the box office, creating seating charts for all events. The Production Coordinator is empowered to insure that the behind the scenes logistics, which can include renting equipment, hiring crew members, and coordinating talent is handled seamlessly. In addition, the Production Coordinator administers much of the paperwork needed to organize each production, service and event.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay and excellent benefits. The position reports directly to Director, Cathedral Productions and works closely with departments throughout the Cathedral.
· Coordinates, with the Manager of Cathedral Programming & External Affairs, the Cathedral-wide space usage calendar;
· Under the supervision of the Director, Cathedral Productions, the Technical Director coordinates the organization and distribution of the production budget, crew & equipment scheduling, salaries, day rates, and other office related paperwork. The Production Coordinator reports budget needs to Director, while trying to keep the production under budget on a day to day basis.
· Prepare payroll for all production-related artists, freelance technical staff and box office staff
· Works directly to support internal programming, including services & Cathedral School events, attend calendar & production meetings;
· Assist the Director and Technical Director in working with external clients on special events and programs; including, but not limited to, contact creation, budget tracking, rentals and staffing and working of actual events.
· Coordination and support of office of Cathedral Productions, including ordering supplies, filing, and answering phone calls.
· Minimum four years of experience in production management. BA/BFA in arts management preferred.
· Working knowledge of Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel & Outlook.
· Basic knowledge of sound, lighting, video control and electrical distribution systems, knowledge of rigging and carpentry/construction practices.
· Demonstrated self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve goals;
· Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances;
· A high sense of urgency and unquestioned ethics and professional standards;
· A team player who will successfully integrate into the Cathedral community and community beyond; and contribute to a healthy organizational culture;
· Flexible hours, late nights and weekend hours are required.
Excellent benefits including vacation, health insurance and 403(b).
Minimum Education Required