The Associate Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Program Coordinator in the day-to-day operations of the assigned Casita Maria after-school and summer camp program for youth. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to co-training, co-managing and co-evaluating a team of professionals and co-implementation of the youth program’s curriculum and design in a proficient manner in order to meet contractual obligations while maintaining a safe environment in accordance with various regulations. Additionally, the Associate Program Coordinator is co-responsible for the program development and managing relations with school and program partners.
The Associate Program Coordinator will be supported by a team of Education professionals including the Program Coordinator, Associate Director of Educational Excellence, Director of Educational Excellence, Education Specialist, Group Leaders, Teaching Artists, and Interns/Volunteers. Team members also collaborate with other department leaders including Creative Arts.
*PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION*
- The position is required to complete 30 hours of training that address topics and subject matter set forth in school-aged child care regulation 414.14 (d)
- In coordination with the Program Coordinator implement high-quality programming, which includes a supportive and engaging environment.
- Assist in the oversight of after-school and summer camp programs, ensuring alignment with Casita Maria’s mission, strategy, and objectives, while ensuring contractual requirements are met.
- In coordination with the Program staff, develop work scope, manage and implement a program schedule of activities in accordance with specifications and funding limitations.
- Alongside the Program Coordinator, recruit, enroll and retain program participants utilizing approved promotional or marketing methods, such as brochures, flyers, or presentations at parent-teacher conferences and school/community meetings.
- Assist in distributing, receiving, auditing, and managing program files and participant applications to ensure that the required regulations are met.
- Ensure data entry and attendance are managed weekly on the required databases including but not limited to Advantage, EZ Reports, and DYCD Connect.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with schools, youth, other community organizations, program partnerships, and parents and families.
- In coordination with the Program Coordinator, the Associate Director of Program and HR, co-interview, co-train, co-manage and co-evaluate a team of professionals including but not limited to Group Leaders and Teaching Artists.
- Co-Supervise, observe and conduct weekly/monthly staff meetings with direct reports.
- Create and maintain a welcoming, productive, and encouraging environment for participants, their families, and members of the community.
- Collaborate with families to increase family engagement.
- All other duties as necessitated by the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least two years of experience in an office setting.