185 Kneeland Street
The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual for the full-time position as Development Associate. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Development Associate’s primary role is to support the Greenway Conservancy’s Development Office in all administrative duties. As a key member of a fast-paced, friendly environment, the Development Associate supports a variety of efforts, and must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and flexible.
Administrative Support and Database Management
● Accurately maintain eTapestry donor database including recording of gifts, pledge payments, and other donor data.
● Oversee all areas of gift processing, acknowledgement, and tracking.
● Handle inquiries from and provide assistance to donors, prospects, and Board members.
● Serve as the point person in the preparation, production, and mailing of letters and other correspondence with donors, Members and Board.
● Maintain files and manage information flow between Development Office and donors.
● Prepare various reports including weekly and monthly revenue and receivables, reconciling monthly with the Finance Office.
● Generate specialized donor reports for solicitation and stewardship analysis.
● Assist Development team in fostering meaningful constituent engagement through effective communication (letters, email, web, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
● Conduct prospect/donor research using various tools including web, Guidestar, and iWave.
● Collaborate with grant writing consultant to produce several grant proposals annually.
● Assist with logistics of Membership & Mothers’ Walk programs and other solicitations, producing mailing lists and managing benefit fulfillment.
● Oversee and manage the Conservancy’s fundraising web pages and related forms, as well as inter-departmental projects such as the Annual Report and holiday card mailing.
● Assist with select internal Development meeting preparation including booking rooms, creating agendas, assembling briefing materials, taking meeting minutes, making travel and conference call arrangements.
● Assist Development team in the planning, organization, coordination, and implementation of a portfolio of special events ranging in size from 10 to 500 participants, including The Greenway Gala (our signature fundraising event), “Glow in the Park” (young professionals event), as well as donor cultivation and stewardship events and meetings.
● Create and manage invitation lists (from database and other sources) and track guest responses, record event revenue, gather and prepare registration materials and reports, and staff events.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Associate's or Bachelor's degree.
● Minimum 1 year experience in an administrative support role, preferably in development.
● Superior demonstrated skills in:
o database management (eTapestry experience a plus)
o generating reports and analyzing information, including expertise with Microsoft Office (particularly strong Excel skills required)
o multi-tasking and prioritization
o oral and written communications
o working both collaboratively and independently
● Ability to anticipate issues, develop solutions, and manage resolution.
● Highly detail-oriented, positive, high-energy, fun, calm under pressure.
● Experience with graphic design a plus.
● Commitment to the mission of the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
● Please email a one-page cover letter, a one-page resume, and 3 references to email@example.com with subject line “Development Associate.” Each file name should include applicant’s last name. (References will not be contacted without prior approval.)
● No phone calls, please.