District of Columbia
Young Invincibles (YI), a national young adult research and advocacy organization working to advance economic opportunity for young adults, seeks an Operations Coordinator for its Washington, D.C. headquarters. The Operations Coordinator will be a vital part of the Operations team as he/she/they will provide administrative and logistical support to the Operations & Executive team. The position requires the candidate to be highly organized and efficient. They should have a keen eye for detail and knack for creative problem-solving. The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day office administrative support as well as working with the rest of the operations team to build out key organizational structures and procedures.
This is a key operations team position. As the team continues to seek ways of improving YI’s systems, this position will have the opportunity to work with all parts of the organization. He/she/they must have a strong internal motivation and must be comfortable juggling multiple projects and tight deadlines. The operations team is at a critical moment in time - developing and implementing new and exciting ways to modernize and integrate within YI.
The Operations Coordinator must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment that requires an ability to adapt to shifting priorities, a sense of urgency, and a commitment to excellence. They must be comfortable in a start-up style atmosphere that requires creativity, initiative, and a sense of humor.
Reports to: Human Resources & Operations Director
Office Management & Operations:
- Serve as the point person for day-to-day office management & operations, such as ordering supplies and troubleshooting office issues. Manage inventories for all offices.
- Coordinate employee building access
- Coordinate office maintenance requests with building management company.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings & interviews, e.g. All staff meeting, management meeting, board meetings, etc.
- Communicate and follow-up with vendors regarding various YI office management needs
- Assist with the organization of employee related events.
- Update employee phone directory and organization chart. Maintains a database of employee contact information.
- Maintain YI intranet content including institutional docs, informational resources, policies, and forms.
- Serve as point person for coordinating office technology and IT affairs. This is not an IT help desk position, but the ideal candidate will be able to connect staff to the appropriate resources they need for IT support and manage technology inventory (e.g. laptops and phones) and access to software/services (e.g. DropBox, Google Drive)
- This position will also take on other administrative and operational duties as assigned.
- Provide support throughout new hire onboarding process.
- Support HR director with recruiting, scheduling, & outreach.
- Support HR director with managing HRIS database.
- Provide support maintaining personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Support YI’s Finance team as needed.
- Accurately maintain YI financial records (receipts, invoices, reports, etc.)
- Process & track day-to-day finances including, employee reimbursements, vendor invoices, utility payments, & company subscriptions.
- Assist in the check intake, deposit, and other incoming payment processes.
- Facilitate workflow for finance processes such as contract review, end-of –year W-9 reconciliation, and month end close (MEC).
- Track open contracts and work with contract managers to confirm deliverables and process payments.
- Support Finance & Operations manager in accounts payable & generate reports in YI’s financial software.
Executive Director Support:
- Assist Executive Director with travel arrangements, expense reporting, calendar management, and scheduling as need
- Support Executive team in planning, preparing, and managing meetings
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director & Executive Team - which may include handling the occasional special project.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple types of administrative tasks; strong attention to detail and accuracy; persistent follow-through skills.
- Must show a high level of discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & startup environment.
- Enjoys being a key contributor to a strong team.
- Has an eagerness to learn, adapt, and improve processes by researching & suggesting new ideas.
- Strength in multi-tasking, goal-setting and problem solving, often under tight deadlines.
- Solid organizational, written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively communicate to all levels within an organization.
Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, & vision coverage, company funded HRA plan; 401K retirement, life insurance, generous vacation, etc.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and write “Operations Coordinator” in the subject of email.