350 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza
The California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV), a 501(c)4 organization, is the political arm of California’s environmental community. Our mission is to protect and enhance the environment and the health of all California communities by electing environmental champions, advancing critical priorities, and holding policymakers accountable to their constituents. In support of our mission we support environmental candidates for state public office, track legislative activity and work across communities to include and amplify the voices of all Californians on behalf of their community and environment. For more information please visit www.ecovote.org.
CLCV Education Fund (CLCVEF), CLCV’s 501(c)3 sister organization, protects California’s natural resources and improves the health of our communities. In support of our mission, we work will allies and stakeholders to educate decision makers, support and amplify and diversify community participation on behalf of environmental and public health priorities, and increase public participation in civic activities. For more information please visit www.clcvedfund.org
Title: Digital Campaigner
Reports to: Communications Director
Employment Type: Full time/Exempt
Salary: DOE, plus full benefits package
Position Location: Oakland, CA
The Digital Campaigner has experience in online advocacy and fundraising, email outreach, online-to-offline mobilization strategies, social media, and innovating campaigns to grow CLCV’s online community, presence, and fundraising capacity.
The Digital Campaigner serves in a key communications capacity as the primary organizer of CLCV’s online activists. The campaigner is skilled at creating compelling email messages and fundraising appeals. The campaigner identifies and engages the most active supporters, maximizing opportunities for individuals to move up a “chain of engagement” with CLCV, and testing what works. Experience producing compelling content for blogs, digital publications, and social media, and engaging supports across multiple digital channels is key. The ideal candidate will be able to work efficiently, with an eye for detail, and with a positive attitude in a fast-paced political environment.
- Collaborate across CLCV’s departments to implement and enhance CLCV’s online communications program, including online advocacy campaigns, grassroots mobilization, online/offline strategies, fundraising, and membership development
- Produce written content and graphics for the CLCV website, emails, social media, and other online forums
- Help manage CLCV’s social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Assist in identifying opportunities for engagement and managing the email calendar
- Manage, build, and target email lists
- Gather and analyze metrics and implement best practices to maximize the effectiveness of online organizing and communication efforts
- Assist in managing and developing new and existing relationships with partner organizations, news organizations, bloggers, and others
- Work with other staff to encourage shared content creation responsibility across departments
- Research, develop, execute, and analyze results of targeted advertising on social media and other sites
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 2-3 years online organizing experience with an electoral campaign, advocacy organization, or non-profit
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects and competing priorities
- Experience in crafting and executing online advocacy and fundraising campaigns
- Ability to develop and analyze email and online metrics based on benchmarks and best practices for non-profits
- Experience with Action Kit or other online CRM systems
- Experience using Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Wordpress, Drupal, etc.
- Skilled in using social media and innovative digital storytelling tools
- Experience in engaging and building communities on social networks (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Comfort with HTML / CSS and the constraints of various email programs
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or other image editing software
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has experience with list growth and digital advertisements
- Has experience with constituent database management
- Is comfortable producing videos for Facebook and social media channels
- Has experience with text messaging lists and engagement
- Is passionate about protecting California’s environment
- Has a basic understanding of California politics
- Is committed to engaging Californians in campaigns to elect and hold accountable environmental champions
- Is willing and able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Exercises sound independent judgment and decision making
- Thrives on change, innovation, and teamwork
CLCV offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage; a 401(k) retirement program with employer match; discounted pre-tax Commuter Checks for public transit; flexible spending account (FSA) for health care expenses; paid vacation, personal time, and floating holidays; optional life insurance; and employee assistance and travel assistance programs.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to CLCVjobs@ecovote.org, with the subject line “Digital Campaigner.” No phone calls, please.
The California League of Conservation Voters and CLCV Education Fund are committed to equity, inclusion, and environmental justice. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we seek to create and sustain a team that reflects the diversity of the state we serve. We welcome applications from individuals from all backgrounds, especially those with experience working with communities most impacted by California’s environmental challenges.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.