ANNOUNCEMENT OF OPEN POSITION IN COLORADO
POSITION: Colorado Field Manager - Temporary
REPORTS TO: Colorado State Organizing Director
LOCATION: Denver, Colorado
POSITION AVAILABLE: Temporary Role, Available through November 2019
Your role stands at the intersection of campaigns and the fight to change the odds for low-income children and families. As a key member of Stand’s Colorado team at a moment of tremendous need and opportunity, you will work closely with the Colorado Executive Director, State Organizing Director, and Organizer to implement member mobilization and campaign strategies aimed at winning campaigns. You will be responsible for working towards these wins by mobilizing the membership base and recruit new members to engage the community and elect education champions. Through your dedication and passionate approach to the role, you get the opportunity to work with colleagues who not only care deeply about justice and equity, but who are bold and strategic and take responsibility for achieving substantial progress toward our mission every year.
Stand is a non-profit education advocacy group that believes ALL children deserve an equal opportunity to succeed in life. Stand works to accomplish this mission through:
· Education and empowerment of parents, teachers and communities
· Advocacy at state, local and federal levels
· Ensuring that policies and funding reach classrooms and help students
· Election of courageous leaders who will stand for our priorities
We focus primarily on increasing early literacy and high school success. Additional priorities include, improving school quality and ensuring adequate funding spent wisely.
· Support Colorado community outreach campaign work through targeted field activities (e.g., phone banking, canvassing);
· Conduct comprehensive member outreach to engage and mobilize the membership base;
· Provide membership with expertise and technical assistance to support advocacy work;
· Manage and serve as point of contact for the field team of firms and individuals hired to phone bank and canvass;
· Work with the State Organizing Director to ensure training of staff on effective resident contact and identification strategies and develop persuasive scripts for phone banking and canvassing;
· Coordinate with the Colorado Marketing and Communications Director to translate the implications of state and city political issues into informative, engaging, and persuasive content for a broad audience for resident identification; develop and maintain training toolkits and communications templates;
· As appropriate, coordinate with community organizers to cultivate volunteers for ongoing campaign efforts;
· Represent Stand for Children as a part of various issue-based coalitions and working with coalition partners.
· Passionate commitment to Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for and with access to a college education;
· 3-5 years of experience working on a state or district political campaign or in the electoral arena;
· Demonstrated knowledge of successful campaign strategies, tactical execution to achieve results;
· Solid political instincts and the ability to influence a diverse group of citizens toward action;
· Exceptional communicator, including developing and delivering persuasive and concise content to large audiences;
· Experience working with diverse populations that include all ethnic and socioeconomic groups;
· Project management skills and keen attention to detail;
· Capacity to build and maintain effective systems in a fast-paced, ever-shifting campaign environment;
· Strong drive for results; embraces innovation and takes positive risks to achieve measurable outcomes;
· Willingness to work flexible hours including 1-2 evenings per week and occasional weekends; full-time access to a car;
· Ability to be in multiple locations in the course of a given day, the ability to transport items, and the ability to set up and take down meeting equipment (chairs, tables, projectors, screens, etc.); May require the ability to climb stairs.
Stand for Children consists of two separate entities. Stand for Children, Inc., a grassroots membership organization is exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and Stand for Children Leadership Center, a leadership development organization is exempt under section 501(c)(3)
Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. People of color, members of underrepresented ethnic or socioeconomic populations and bilingual/multi-lingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter at http://stand.org/careers. No calls please.
To learn more about Stand – Colorado, please visit www.stand.org/co.
Minimum Education Required