Strategic Partnerships Manager- Open to Khmer and Expatriate Applicants
- Job posted by This Life Cambodia
Details: Under Current Cambodian Law, expatriate employees are not liable for tax in Cambodia.
56, Group 10 Wat Bo, Sala Kamreuk,
This Life Cambodia is an award winning community development organisation that believes
in listening to, engaging with and advocating alongside families and communities as they define and act on their own solutions. The Strategic Partnerships Manager is a key senior level position, contributing to building and maintaining the partnerships that make it possible for This Life Cambodia to carry out our mission. Your varied role includes being the point person on donor and client relationships, but also means you will be advising us on PR and supporting marketing strategies. The ideal candidate is a creative and motivated team player, with a strong commitment to community development, proven capability in grants management, and some management experience. This position is open to experienced international or national candidates, and will be based in Siem Reap with monthly travel expected between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
Position Role & Responsibilities:
● Managing a portfolio of donor relationships (shared responsibility with Executive Director).
● Identifying and coordinating strategic partnerships and new donor relationships
● Supporting the Executive Director in new contract and agreement negotiations
● Representing TLC in policy discussions and advocacy on key issues in Phnom Penh networks
● Stay abreast of development and NGO sector trends in Cambodia, regularly brief Directorate, submit recommendations for TLC program direction, and provide input to strategic planning
● Identify new government grant and NGO partnership opportunities for TLC and facilitate connections and with TLC Directorate
● Coordinate the development and design of program concepts for strategic grant submissions and partnership proposals
● Coordinate, write and submit funding proposals/undertake partnership negotiations
● Facilitate information sharing and TLC positioning across the organisation, between CRCP, program teams and directorate.
● Support the design and initial setup of new TLC programming in strategic areas new to TLC, in line with TLC’s vision, mission and values.
● Build TLCs strategic network through attendance at events and represent TLC in national policy discussions
● Coordinate quality donor reporting for all grants and partnerships (in collaboration with Program Coordinators, Senior Management, and Finance team)
Strategic organisational development
● Collaborate on information sharing between program coordinators and senior management, as well as with external stakeholders
● Contribute to organisational planning and strategic directions
● Stay abreast of development and NGO sector trends in Cambodia, submit recommendations for TLC program direction, and provide input to strategic planning
● Facilitate connections for Deputy Director and Executive Director with relevant stakeholders (civil society, government, funders, etc.)
● Represent TLC in stakeholder networks, policy discussions and advocacy on key issues and support Program Coordinators to engage in these
● Regularly brief the Senior Management Team and Program Coordinators on relevant developments in policy, NGO and donor networks in Phnom Penh
Qualifications and Experience
● Three years progressive experience in relevant roles (institutional fundraising,grant management, program development, program management, etc.)
● Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, with a range of stakeholders for a variety of contexts
● Highly developed proposal and report writing skills
● Demonstrated experience in relationship building and partnerships
● Masters qualification in a relevant field
● Staff management experience
● Experience in a similar role in Cambodia or in the Asia region
● Willingness to invest in the position for at least 2 years
● Working within a dynamic organization with multiple programs
● A highly creative role with varied responsibilities
● Working within an organization that highly values community engagement
● Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development
● Networking opportunities with other NGOs, government stakeholders, and partners of This Life Cambodia
● Exposure to a cross section of organizational processes including but not limited to finance, project management, advocacy, research and consultancy
- The full-time hours for this role are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday only.
- 29 Public holidays in Cambodia Annually
- 14.5 days annual leave.
- Phone card of $10 monthly
- TLC will pay 50% of the monthly account fees of accounts held at ANZ Cambodia and the employee is responsible for the other 50%. Account fees are $1USD per month.
- After successful completion of Probation period TLC offers all employees the opportunity to join the TLC Savings Scheme
- Employees are entitled up to 10 days paid sick leave per twelve month period on full pay.
- All TLC employees are eligible for bonus/incentives including a one month bonus paid annually (subject to satisfactory performance).
- TLC will reimburse costs to a maximum of $600USD for insurance to cover expatriate employees for each twelve month period.
- TLC may reimburse costs to a maximum of $500USD for relocation in some circumstances.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in both oral and written English is essential with oral and written skills at an exceptional level.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only applications received via our online recruitment system will be accepted. Applicants can access the job description for this position from our website at http://www.thislifecambodia.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
● Submit your application online using the embedded link on our Careers page. Click on the embedded link (it appears as a green highlighted word)
● Select the role for which you are applying
● Supply the information as requested on the application form. All questions with an asterisk* are mandatory.
● You may be requested to answer questions that address the criteria. You will be able to attach all your answers in a single word or pdf format. All other questions on the form will need to answered in one sitting.
● Attach your CV, and if you wish to add a cover letter it must be included with your CV, as a single document. (1 megabyte limit in total). Please do not upload any other documentation such as training certificates unless we request them.
● Scroll to the end of the page and click Submit.
● You should see a message in the top right hand corner ”Application Successfully Submitted". If you do not see that message it normally means either you have not answered all questions as required or have loaded documents that are too large. If you have any difficulty, please contact us at careers@thislifecambodia and we will get in touch with you to assist you to lodge online.
We will be looking at applications on a rolling basis and only applicants who progres