433 Peshine Avenue
REAL Kids, an award-winning sports-based youth development and education program founded by DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as Elementary Field Coordinator for an expansion location in Newark, NJ.
REAL Kids program offers a unique and supportive environment focused on enhancing youth engagement in reading and learning while building life skills in nutrition and fitness, critical thinking, teambuilding and leadership.
The Elementary Field Coordinator will work with the Athletic Director for REAL Kids Summer to handle the day- to-day management and operations of a school-based afternoon summer day camp. The successful candidate will be a skilled leader and manager of sports youth development programs who has a desire to make a lasting impact in an underserved community. An exceptional candidate will be committed to growing the athletics program to capacity over three years and establishing REAL Kids in the communities it serves.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Supervise day-to-day operations of the site to ensure youth participate in activities safely, on schedule and with adequate supplies and services;
• Directly manage and support a site-based team including coaches;
• Liaise between program leadership and athletics leadership to ensure fidelity in all athletic elements;
• Establish an athletics culture that emphasizes respect, teamwork and effort;
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures as it relates to curriculum instruction and safety protocols;
• Supervise and evaluate site-based athletic staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
• Minimum 3-5 years experience engaging elementary-aged youth and families in an athletic environment;
• Preferable 2 years previous supervisory experience, with demonstrated leadership skills;
• Ability to uphold, promote and model youth development principles;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities;
• Knowledge of sports team development is essential for the successful candidate
• Knowledge of playing or coaching baseball/softball
Summer hours are 12:00pm – 5:00pm M-F from July 9 – August 10; Additional planning, training and administrative work up to 5 hours per week from May through June. Additional hours to attend pre-service training between June 25th- July 6th is also required.
Minimum Education Required