Details: Salary will be based on experience
4 West 43rd Street
The Manager of Development and Communications is an integral part of the Development team and the organization’s primary grant and public information writer. S/he supports all aspects of planning, coordinating and implementing HousingPlus fundraising initiatives, supervises staff and volunteers, and works closely with the Vice President of Development and Communications, the Executive Director, and the Board of Directors. Approximately 70% of the position is focused on Fundraising; 30% on Communications.
HousingPlus is in a unique period of growth, innovation and change. It has doubled in size in recent years, allowing us to address new populations and areas of need. We focus on some of the most vulnerable populations of homeless women, especially female veterans, women in recovery from substance abuse, and women with histories of criminal justice. Please visit our website www.housingplussnyc.org for more information regarding our agency.
· Writes, edits and assembles high quality grant proposals, concept papers, letters of inquiry and other fundraising materials for private foundation, corporate and individual funders.
· Plays a leadership role in the creation of content for communications materials, such as the HousingPlus webpage and social media accounts, Annual Report, seasonal fundraising appeals and monthly newsletters.
· Utilizes Salesforce to track all donors and, proposals, reports and other information and supervises Development Associate in the same. Insures the accuracy and completeness of donor information. Issues analysis and reports.
· Identifies new revenue sources through prospect research and strategic outreach. Acts as a key staff person in managing and developing relationships with donors and board members.
· Supports the HousingPlus Annual Benefit, cultivation events and corporate volunteer projects.
· Supervises a full-time Development Associate as well as occasional Interns, volunteers, freelancers and consultants who may be engaged in special projects.
· Participates in planning, analysis, strategy and work flow management with senior level team.
· Other duties as needed.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field, Masters a plus.
· Minimum two years’ proven experience as part of a Fundraising or Development team preferably in a Social Service environment. Additional professional experience desirable.
· Excellent writing skills and demonstrated experience developing proposals for funders of different sizes. Writing samples will be requested.
· Proven relationship building experience with funders, donors and board members.
· Exceptional computer and technological skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Google Products, Adobe Creative Suite. Photoshop , Adobe Acrobat, Mailchimp or WordPress a plus.
· High level command of Salesforce or similar donor database program such as Raisers’ Edge or DonorPerfect.
· Supervision experience with both staff and freelancers, volunteers and interns.
· Attention to detail and ability to manage time in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong ability to multi-task, organize information, keep updated records and maintain confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long hours and operate a computer and its keyboard. Preparing for meetings/events may require light to moderate lifting.
Benefits include (Health, Vision, Dental), Retirement Plan, LTD and generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) policy
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required