Details: Commensurate with experience
2639 Spruce Street
Job Title: Social Marketing Coordinator
Employer: Resource Central
Job Status: Full Time, non-exempt
Location: Boulder, Colorado
About Resource Central:
We’re thirty people in Boulder determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our nonprofit’s programs in water, energy, and waste have helped nearly 500,000 people save money, improve their homes, and conserve natural resources. Learn more at: resourcecentral.org.
The Social Marketing Coordinator is a catalyst for environmental and social change. We’re looking for a marketing professional who is passionate about sustainability and ready to use his or her talents to promote our high-impact Materials Reuse program. Increasingly known as a national model, this popular program diverts close to 4 million pounds of building materials from landfills each year, while helping people save money on home improvement projects.
The Social Marketing Coordinator understands how to boost awareness in the online community and is ready to learn, grow, and take his or her career to the next level. This full-time role is based in Boulder, Colorado and includes a comprehensive list of benefits including health insurance, dental, flexible schedule, paid time-off, retirement savings, RTD Eco-Pass, and more. Be part of a high-impact, rapidly growing nonprofit that’s making a difference in Colorado.
The principal duties of this role include:
1. Developing targeted social media campaigns and posts to encourage people to conserve natural resources by participating in our Materials Reuse program. Online marketing channels include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google AdWords, NextDoor, and others.
2. Writing marketing communications content for email newsletters, blog posts, web updates, and other online posts.
3. Visual storytelling through compelling online posts including planning, editing, and posting photos and videos.
4. Promoting community awareness by tabling at targeted events, distributing materials around town, cross-pollinating programs, and other creative marketing approaches.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Strong marketing writing skills.
· Minimum of 1-2 year of professional experience using social media and email clients as strategic marketing tools.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications (or related) or equivalent professional experience.
· Access to a reliable vehicle.
· Spanish fluency is a plus.
· Passion for our mission and environmental sustainability.
· Must be a collaborative, team player.
· Desire to learn, grow, and thrive in a social enterprise model.
· Creative thinking to meet the challenges of the changing economy and conservation landscape.
· Maintain highest ethical standards.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Social Marketing – [your name]” in the subject line by Monday, March 26, 2018. Resumes and cover letters will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received.
Resource Central is dedicated to equal employment opportunities. We provide equal opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, gender expression, genetic information or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds. Learn more at: resourcecentral.org.