2310 Blueridge Avenue
Liberty's Promise (www.libertyspromise.org) is a nonprofit dedicated to supporting low-income, immigrant youth, ages 15-21, through our after-school civic engagement programs and professional internship programs. We are currently seeking TWO energetic and dedicated full-time Program Officers to run two of our Civic and Citizenship after-school programs at Northwestern and High Point High Schools in PG County, MD AND Civic and Citizenship after-school programs at Wheaton and Montgomery Blair High Schools in Montgomery County, MD. The successful candidates will be part of a dynamic team of 12 and will work at our Montgomery County office location in the mornings, and in the afternoons be onsite (twice weekly, 20 weeks annually) implementing the organization's programs. Due to necessary travel between program sites, applicants must have their own car. Applicants with a high level of spoken Spanish, French, or Amharic skills are very desirable. All applicants must have substantial and successful experience working with adolescents, preferably in a multicultural environment. The position is open until filled.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop curriculum and manage an after-school civic engagement programs for low-income, immigrant youth
- Coordinate and manage year-round professional internship program for youth
- Organize and schedule guest speakers, field trips, and eight-week internships
- Meet and assist youth with leadership, internship, job, college, and scholarship applications
- Develop relationships with public schools, local organizations, and government agencies
- Draft and edit grant proposals and reports
- Work with public schools to promote and host after-school programs
- Track and update program outcomes and statistics using Microsoft Excel and our youth database
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Comfortable working in a small office environment
- Must exhibit flexibility, reliability, exceptional professionalism, and a strong work ethic
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet and find solutions to unanticipated problems
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team
- Comfortable being a “jack of all trades,” and has a great sense of humor
- Deep belief in Liberty’s Promise mission, vision, and values
- Dedication to working with youth and helping our organization grow over the long term
Compensation and Benefits: Starting salary will be $36,000 per year, including 80% paid health care benefits (if desired), a standard vacation and sick package, life insurance, and a monthly transportation stipend.
AGAIN - we will be hiring for TWO Program Officer positions! Both positions will be for running our Civics and Citizenship programs, but one will be in PG county high schools and the other will be in Montgomery County high schools. Please let us know which county you would prefer to work in when applying.
80% paid health care benefits (if desired), a standard vacation and sick package, life insurance, and a monthly transportation stipend.
Level of Language Proficiency
Applicants with a high level of spoken Spanish, French, or Amharic skills are very desirable.
Minimum Education Required