Fundraising & Communications Associate
- Job posted by Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation
31 Germania Street
The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation (JPNDC) is a 41-year-old non-profit organization with the mission of promoting equitable development and equal opportunity in Jamaica Plain and adjacent Boston neighborhoods through affordable housing, community organizing, and economic opportunity initiatives that improve the lives of low- and moderate-income people and create a better community at all.
The role of the Fundraising & Communications Associate is to work under the supervision of the Fundraising & Communications Director to coordinate events, recruit and manage volunteers, and carry out communications activities with the goal of recruiting and cultivating individual, corporate and foundation donors.
· Plan and coordinate fundraising, visibility and volunteer engagement events including but not limited to Octoberfest ¡Fiesta!, donor appreciation parties, and Friendraisers.
· Coordinate JPNDC social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
· Oversee and continue to develop SalesForce database and SalesForce integration with Classy (on-line fundraising), MailChimp and other relevant apps.
· Communicate with donors, volunteers and prospects in multiple ways including phone calls, letters, email, newsletter articles, progress reports and website content as well as social media.
· Write selected grant proposals to corporate giving programs or foundations
· Assist with website updating and new page development.
· Solicit in-kind donations for auction and raffle prizes for events.
· Perform other tasks as needed.
· Excellent communication skills – spoken and written
· Proficiency in the following preferred: SalesForce, Hootsuite, Google Suite, Facebook (business page management), Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Wordpress, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Suite (Reader, InDesign, etc.)
· Commitment to JPNDC’s work to build community and promote the leadership and economic advancement of low-income people
· Demonstrated success in event coordination
· Highly organized, attentive to details and able to work on multiple tasks under deadline
· Creative thinker and self-starter
· Strong networker and team player
· Experience working in multicultural contexts; bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends
· Strong interest in building a career in fundraising and communications.
JPNDC offers a comprehensive benefits package; including: Group Health, Dental, Vision, Eye, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, ADDI Insurance, 403b Retirement Plan, Free Parking, and a diverse work culture!
Level of Language Proficiency
Experience working in multicultural contexts; bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates MUST submit a Cover Letter with their Resume. An additional writing sample is ideal as well.