8737 Colesville Road
Job Location: Silver Spring, MD
Position Type: Full time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Conservation Coordinator at Wildlife Habitat Council (WHC) represents a strategic position to support and coordinate efforts across the Conservation Strategy and Planning department. The Conservation Coordinator assists in the design and implementation of Wildlife Habitat Council programs and strategies related to corporate conservation.
This position will focus on four main areas:
a) Coordinating resource allocation
b) Maintaining efficient processes to track and meet goals and objectives
c) Providing technical support (environment, conservation, education) to the Conservation Specialists and Managers of Conservation Planning
d) Contributing to conservation strategy development
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Perform strategic outreach to contacts regarding program progress and outcomes
· Support research initiatives
· Work collaboratively on internal initiatives
· Contribute technical expertise to projects
· Collaborate on Conservation Conference planning and hosting
· Other duties as assigned
This position reports to the Senior Director, Conservation Strategy & Planning.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, or Experience
· Ability to work independently, be a self –starter, and have an entrepreneurial attitude
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) Strong interpersonal skills
· Computer skills must include MS Office (Word, Excel, Dynamics CRM, PowerPoint) and ArcGIS
· Undergraduate degree in a natural science field
· Physical Demands: For some of the work time, this job operates in a professional office environment where the role of the employee routinely involves the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. At other times this position includes some light physical work. The employee should be able to lift up to 20 pounds and can expect frequent lifting and or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. The employee may also be standing, sitting or walking for prolonged periods of time, and can expect frequent bending and kneeling and will complete frequent visual inspections. The employee is occasionally crouching, crawling or stooping.
· Work Environment: The employee will, at times be working in an office environment, but will also be exposed to working in an outdoors environment in weather conditions including the extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit) for more than one hour.
· Travel: Some travel and occasional irregular work hours are expected with this position.
To apply, please submit a resume, a cover letter and an indication of salary expectation to email@example.com
Minimum Education Required