275 7th Avenue
Looking for a way to influence the health and healthcare of many?
If so, we’d love to hear from you! Our mission-driven organization is focused on the“Triple Aim” - Better Health, Better Healthcare and Lower Costs to individuals and their families who participate in our health plans.
UNITE HERE HEALTH serves 100,000+ workers and 220,000 covered lives in the hospitality and gaming industry nationwide. Our desire to be innovative and progressive drives us to develop impactful programs and benefits designed to engage our participants in managing their own health and healthcare. Our vision is exciting and challenging. Please read on to learn more about this great opportunity!
- Integrity – Must be trustworthy and principled when faced with complex situations
- Ability to build positive work relationships – Mutual trust and respect will be essential to the collaborative relationships required
- Communication – Ability to generate concise, compelling, objective and data-driven reports
- Teamwork – Working well with others is required in the Fund’s collaborative environment
- Diversity – Must be capable of working in a culturally diverse environment
- Continuous Learning – Must be open to learning and skill development. As the Fund’s needs evolve, must be proactive about developing new areas of expertise
- Lives our values – Must be a role model for the Fund’s BETTER Culture and Mission (Better, Engage, Teamwork, Trust, Empower, Respect)
We seek a mission-driven individual for a Bilingual Spanish / English Lead Health Promoter in NYC. Our ideal candidate is passionate about improving health and experienced in healthcare, health-related community organizing or social services for a diverse working class population, experienced in leading and developing staff, has excellent communication skills and enjoys building strong relationships.
The person in this position trains, oversees, and develops other Health Promoters in our NY office to 1) engage those with complex care needs to navigate the health system and overcome socioeconomic and other barriers to improved health and healthcare, 2) recruit participants into group programs to improve their health and self-management skills, and 3) develop participant healthcare leaders. The position also works as part of a team to provide leadership to health promotion staff outside of NY.
- Trains and leads staff to identify and recruit participants with chronic and acute health conditions into engagement programs that educate and activate them to access resources, take better care of their health, and make effective healthcare decisions
- Oversees health promotion programs in the NY region
- Identifies participant leaders and develops their recruitment and health engagement skills, and trains staff to do the same.
- Monitors effectiveness of programs and makes enhancements/adjustments
- Plans regional calendar of health promotion work
- Monitors, analyzes and reports out on work and outcomes in proprietary care coordination system
- Works with other Lead Health Promoters to provide training and coordination for health promotion staff outside of NY
- Bilingual Spanish/English fluency required
- Ability to quickly form trusting relationships
- Ability to travel locally. Some regional and national travel required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3 ~ 5 years of direct experience minimum in community health care
- 2 ~ 3 years of team lead experience required
- Working knowledge and experience as a lead/supervisor/manager-level healthcare labor union organizer, healthcare community organizer, or healthcare/social services patient navigator
- Ability to work outside of traditional hours
- Experience with computers required--intermediate skills in: Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on the UNITE HERE HEALTH website at https://careers-uniteherehealth.icims.com/jobs/intro?mobile=false&width=710&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300