Details: Salary range is commensurate with experience.
410 W. 42nd Street
The New Group, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theaters, is currently seeking an Institutional Giving Associate. The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater. In addition to producing four productions each season, the organization’s New Group/New Works play and musical development programs champion original works by emerging and established authors. The New Group also operates a variety of theater education programs that provide opportunities for artistically inclined middle and high school, college, and adult students.
Reporting to the Annual Fund Manager, the Institutional Giving Associate will support the growth of The New Group's foundation, corporate and government giving portfolios primarily through grant writing and stewardship.
· Act as the primary writer/creator for the institutional giving portfolio, preparing applications, letters of inquiry, grant reports and other documentation as required
· Maintain the institutional donor database, processing donations and drafting correspondence
· Administer fulfillment of institutional donor requirements, including donor recognition and reporting
· Research and identify potential new institutional prospects
· Collaborate with The New Group staff to develop grant budgets and program descriptions
· Manage the grant calendar
· Engage institutional donors at the theater, Opening Nights, and other special events to maintain relationships with current funders and cultivate prospects
· Support the Development Department in projects and events as required
The ideal candidate must be highly organized with excellent attention to detail and deadlines. Exceptional writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates should have some level of related experience, preferably with grant writing experience at a non-profit arts or cultural organization. A familiarity with project and organizational budgets and database management is a plus.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and people of color, immigrants, veterans, differently abled, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply.
Benefits include health, dental, 403(b) retirement and commuter benefit plans.
Minimum Education Required