1175 Cambridge Street
Oversee, manage and implement all construction training activities. Provide pre-apprenticeship level training to all participants and provide hands on supervision and training in performance of on-site housing construction/renovation work.
A unique opportunity to utilize your construction expertise and make a difference in the lives of young adults in our YouthBuild program.
· Supervise Construction Crew Supervisors
· Develop and maintain a program calendar and identify and coordinate construction projects and employment opportunities with community partners
· Provide OSHA training
· Identify and track current credential needs (e.g. P.A.C.T. and OSHA) and develop curriculum
· Collaborate with education staff to integrate construction, math and career readiness curriculum
· Manage inventory of tools and equipment and acquisition
· Provide hands-on skills training for housing construction/renovation work in painting, wallboard installation, carpentry, power tools, and safety
· Teach and model employability skills such as cooperation, taking direction, attendance and engagement
· Maintain vehicles and transportation of students
· Track and record student progress and workforce development outcomes
· High school diploma and a minimum of five years of journey level construction experience, or equivalent. Some college preferred.
· MA Construction Supervisor License or ability to become licensed journey level of trades experience or higher
· A minimum of one year supervisory experience
· Strong belief in the potential of young adults, second chances, and a sense of humor
· Valid Driver’s License, safe driving record, and ability to drive program van; acceptable CORI & SORI.
In addition to a competitive salary, Just-A-Start offers a comprehensive benefit package, including; Medical, Dental, PTO, 12 Paid Holidays, Commuter Benefits, Life and Disability and 401k w Company Contribution.
Minimum Education Required