Details: Competitive Salary & Benefits
55 Exchange Place
Are you looking to make a difference? Do you want to work for an organization that is mission-based, diverse and empowering?
SEO is one of the nation’s top pre-professional development organizations for underserved and underrepresented students, is seeking a Development Operations Manager to join our growing Development team!
This position is responsible for managing operations for the Development Department, providing operational support to the VP of Development and department team, and supervising the work of the Development Assistant. Core operations include: gift processing, donor receipts/acknowledgments, maintaining the integrity of donor and contributed income financial records, donor/prospect research, donor/alumni/prospect database, and constituent relations management, and department filing systems.
The ideal candidate has experience in managing donor/prospect databases effectively, possesses analytical skills, and is highly organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and able to multitask. Facility with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), and Windows operating environment. Experience with Raiser’s Edge 7.7 required and knowledge/experience with Salesforce preferred.
• Oversee database/CRM management including gift processing for unrestricted/designated gifts, grants and single-/multi-year pledges. Manage automated acknowledgments /receipts for various campaigns and draft/edit personalized acknowledgments. Duties include the accurate entry of data for donor, alumni, and prospect records and relationship management, and the timely production of mailing lists, financial reports, donor/alumni/prospect rating, and analytics.
• Working closely with the Director of Individual Philanthropy to support fundraising activities including appeals, cultivation/special events, other fundraising campaigns, and donor/prospect portfolio management.
• Maintain the current Raiser's Edge database, and help lead efforts for the migration and conversion of data to a new database/CRM in a customized Salesforce platform.
• Assure integrity of data/records, auditing for data-entry errors, duplicate records, appropriate coding, etc.
• Maintain appropriate documentation: revenue and expenses, analytics, paper files, and other tracking needs.
• Serve as liaison to Finance Department to ensure the accuracy of gift/donation records and deposits. Transmitting revenue on a timely basis and providing reports/documentation needed for Finance Department reconciliation and annual audit processes.
• Responsible for tracking and filing multi-year pledge documentation, tracking pledge receivables, and adhering to systems/controls established to meet auditor standards.
• Remain current in training/regulations to ensure nonprofit development best practices.
• Serve as Development Department liaison with the IT Department.
• Supervise the Development Assistant, including proofreading data entry and reports, and ensuring that short and long-term assignments are completed on a timely basis.
• Advise Director of Individual Philanthropy and VP of Development on system improvement recommendations.
• Other development-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 3-5 years+ of related experience (at least 2-3 years in nonprofit development setting) with progressing levels of responsibility and an established record of database management and development operations experience. BA/BS required.
• Must have the ability to work independently and meticulously on multiple projects and to be a team player who can build consensus intra- and inter-departmentally, and engage team members in setting and following protocols and best practices.
• Demonstrated commitment to SEO’s mission, purpose, and values and to its methodology, history, culture, programs and constituencies.
• Experience and ease in working with multi-cultural, socio-economically and politically diverse populations.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up/entrepreneurial environment.
• Available to work some evenings and weekends.
Skills and Competencies:
• Comprehensive computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and development databases (Raiser’s Edge experience required; Salesforce experience highly desired).
• Knowledge and use of information systems to support fundraising activities. Technology solution-oriented/savvy in handling all operational/administrative practices.
• Strategic thinker with effective verbal and listening skills and excellent writing and editing skills.
• Commitment to superior quality work, extraordinary customer service, and highest-level productivity.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
• Maintain the highest work ethic with the ability to interact well with team members at all levels, handle confidential and sensitive information, and serve as a trusted steward of donor information and donor relationships.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Minimum Education Required