Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: The Fundraising Coordinator - Institutional Donors is responsible for project and core fundraising from these donors.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Job grade: III
- Lead on and manage the relations and communication with assigned institutional donors on behalf of TI-S and the wider movement (donor stewardship) and ensure a movement-wide coherent approach; prepare and facilitate donor interaction, and ensure adequate follow-up
- Facilitate internal consultation processes to ensure TI-S fundraises for its priorities and with the most promising products (projects, programmes, other deliverables)
- Develop highly competitive grant proposals, e.g. for the following donors: European Commission (mainly DG EuropeAid), United States (USAID), Germany (BMZ, Auswaertiges Amt, BMUB), big trusts and foundations; finalize applications to persuasively communicate our vision, strategy, and programs to potential funders; solicit and integrate feedback from program, budget, and fundraising perspectives
- Manage grant reporting process to ensure reporting requirements, grant deliverables, and project milestones are met and communicated with funders in a timely manner; use and improve existing tracking system
- Provide advice on project, programme, and contract design, donor rules and regulations, as well as donor relations and communication in general and increase TI teams capacity in this
- Advise and assist TI colleagues, and at times lead on project design, proposal development, contract negotiations, and donor reporting
- Support the exchange of learning and expertise within a community of fundraising practice across TI-S and the movement
- Develop a fundraising plan for these donor segments and contribute to the overall fundraising strategy
- Contribute to other team deliverables, in particular regarding fundraising from individuals and the private sector
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree in International Relations, European Studies, other political, economic or social science disciplines, or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience with a minimum three years of experience in fundraising, project development, proposal writing and contract negotiations with a strong focus on institutional donors
- Proven work experience with and in-depth understanding of donor funding procedures, rules and regulations, including financial budgeting and reporting
- Good understanding of programme design approaches
- Flexible and adaptable to organisational priorities
- Capable of working under pressure and against deadlines
- Excellent communication, impeccable presentation and strong networking skills
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English is essential; other European languages are a definite asset
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the source of the application, IDEALIST) and CV in English (in one pdf-file) to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 26 August 2018.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
First-round (remote) interviews are tentatively planned to take place in the week starting on 3rd September 2018.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.