The Southern Environmental Law Center is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our office in Charleston, SC. The principal responsibilities of the Legal Administrative Assistant are providing legal and administrative support to the attorneys in the office. The Charleston office consists of nine staff members, including six attorneys. The assistant will handle court filings and related duties, and be involved in research on multiple cases and projects. The assistant will also have a full range of administrative responsibilities including copying, scanning, answering phones, greeting guests, preparing reports and presentations and helping maintain an efficient and well organized office.
About the Position:
- Provide legal support, including research, court filings and other associated tasks.
- Provide general clerical support for the office, including answering phones, greeting visitors, word processing, proofreading and editing written materials, booking travel, preparing expense reports and filing.
- Respond to public inquiries about SELC.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two or more years of legal assistant or paralegal experience.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with a team of attorneys and other administrative staff, as well as independently.
- Flexible, proactive, very well organized, and able to work efficiently under strict deadlines.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Positive attitude.
SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Visit https://www.southernenvironment.org/about-selc/careers/benefits to learn more about our comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required