The Director of External Affairs is an entrepreneurial self-starter who is the lead staff person responsible for building and managing all levels of CFBNJ’s Egg Harbor Township fundraising operation. This includes but is not limited to recruiting new Advisory Board members, event chairs and donors, marketing, expanding corporate partnerships and identifying and managing special event opportunities. This role also encompasses public relations and marketing needs specific to the region that can be jointly managed with the CEO, Advisory Board representatives and/or other directors/managers in the EHT location.
The Director of External Affairs reports directly to the Senior Director of Special Events. He/she will also work closely with the Vice President of Resource Development and CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· With the Vice President of Development, create a comprehensive annual development revenue plan and budget that maximizes the use of resources from CFBNJ’s Hillside team, while customizing approaches for the EHT community.
· Evaluate potential revenue capacity within the three county region.
· Oversee existing events and identify revenue objectives and growth opportunities. (Night of 300,000 meals; Dancing Under the Atlantic City Stars) Ensure Third Party events are managed according to documentation and guidelines (Captain’s Table; Festivals, Feed A Family).
· Ensure an effective strategy across revenue streams to identify, cultivate, and solicit $1,000+ donors, with the goal of increasing their levels of support on an annual basis. Develop and execute a strategy of approach for $5,000+ major gifts prospects, involving other senior staff and EHT Advisory Board members.
· Identify, plan and develop opportunities for corporate partnerships. Work closely with the Senior Director of Corporate Relations to pursue general operations donations as well as grant specific donations.
· Prepare and Manage budgets for all revenue and development expenses for each fiscal year.
· Develop and manage a personal portfolio of donors and prospects.
· Supervise a team of two as well as consultants and volunteers in identifying, cultivating, and engaging donors.
· In conjunction with senior staff, devise and recommend strategies for organization’s long-term fundraising objectives.
· Oversee planning and execution of numerous cultivation/recognition events and activities annually, manage ongoing donor communication via written and electronic correspondence, and ensure that all donor relationship information is recorded in CFBNJ’s database.
· Support public relations and marketing efforts in concert with CFBNJ headquarters serving as a primary public spokesperson with the goal of raising public awareness and driving new and increased donations. Ensure all PR/Marketing efforts are reported to marketing team.
· Have a thorough knowledge of CFBNJ, its mission, culture, history, key stakeholders, programs and finances.
· Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, and social, and community trends related to CFBNJ and EHT’s counties of operation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
· Demonstrated success in major gift prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for a food bank, social service or related organization.
· Capacity to establish, maintain, and strengthen relationships with significant donors; and an understanding of the record-keeping and stewardship systems that support a successful donor relations program (Salesforce or Raisers Edge).
· Capacity to organize and prioritize fundraising activities effectively and to guide team members in managing their particular responsibilities.
· A proven manager that promotes teamwork, creativity, and open communication.
· Comfort with managing multiple assignments in a fast-paced not-for-profit setting.
· Ability and willingness to participate in events outside the workday schedule. Breakfast meetings, evening events, and weekend PR activities frequently occur.
· Availability for periodic travel, as necessary.
The Director of External Affairs is an entrepreneurial self-starter who is the lead staff person responsible for building and managing all levels of CFBNJ’s Egg Harbor Township fundraising operation. This includes but is not limited to…
Candidates should apply on our recruiting website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=744acc80-e457-4fb2-aa00-b24eb73e5897&ccId=2760014851_7585&jobId=354805&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Candidates should apply on our recruiting website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid…