Details: $15 per hour
Weekend & Sandbox Box Office Associate
San Francisco Playhouse is the second-largest nonprofit theatre company in San Francisco. Having grown from storefront to 199-seat theatre in just 15 years, we are powered by a team of energetic and innovative theatre lovers. Founded in 2003 as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit theatre company, our programming includes a six-play mainstage season and a three-play Sandbox Series of world premieres, plus a Rising Star Education Program for high school students. Refer to our website, sfplayhouse.org, for more information on our company.
We are seeking a dedicated Weekend Box Office Associate who will cover mainstage will call on weekends and as-needed. Additionally, this individual will serve as a primary contact with single ticket patrons, longtime subscribers, and loyal donors, and serve as the face of the San Francisco Playhouse for all Sandbox Series performances. Sandbox shows generally run Thursday through Saturday evenings, Saturday afternoons, and occasionally Wednesday evenings, three months out of the year. These months may or may not be consecutive. Depending on the venue for Sandbox, Associate may also be called upon to sell concessions and/or cover light house management.
Status: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Hours: approx. 12-20 hours per week
Schedule: Weekends and Evenings Required.
· Mainstage: 2pm – 8pm Saturdays, 12pm – 8:30pm Sundays. Additional shifts as needed
· Sandbox: 3 shows per year, one month per show, schedule varies by production, but always requires evenings and weekends
Start Date: ASAP
Key Responsibilities as Weekend & Sandbox Box Office Associate:
Weekend Box Office Associate will report to the Patron Services Manager.
- Print, organize and hand out tickets at will-call before the show
- Check and respond to voicemails and e-mails. Answer phone if working during phone hours.
- Assist all walk-ups to the Box Office, including single ticket purchases, subscription exchanges, and other inquiries.
- Run and email nightly report
- Assist in keeping Box Office clean and organized.
- Sandbox shifts often require commuting between our mainstage and second stage venues – generally about a 15-minute walk away
- Other tasks to be assigned.
· Customer Service Experience Required
· Reliable Evening and Weekend Availability required
· Background in Theatre Arts and/or Nonprofit Organizations (House management/Stage management experience a definite plus)
· Computer savvy and a people person
· Ability to lift 20-30 lbs, use stairs and remain standing for 2 hours at a time
· Must be a flexible team player who can think on their feet
· If you can have fun at work while maintaining a professional, positive attitude, you are the person for us!
· $15 per hour
o Paid Sick Leave (per state and local ordinances)
o Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
o HCSO Compliant Health Expense Policy
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required