Details: Salary depends on experience.
849 Valencia Street
The Development & Operations Assistant reports to the Director of Generosity and performs operational duties critical to the functioning of ScholarMatch. This position will support the Leadership Team, act as a contact for donation stewardship, manage donation intake and recordkeeping, perform administrative tasks, oversee the organization of the office, and tackle special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will be eager to take initiative on projects, have prior experience with development or customer service, and be excited to interact with students and supporters of ScholarMatch. The candidate should be competent in the Microsoft Office Suite and working with databases, able to manage multiple assignments at once, and have impeccable attention to detail, and a passion for college access. This position must be willing to assist with many varied tasks in a fast-paced, social office environment.
• Assist the Development & Operations team with donor communications, donation data entry, thanking donors, special events, and fundraising campaigns.
• Assist the Leadership Team with administrative tasks, such as scheduling, and booking travel.
• Oversee the organization of the office including ordering and inventorying supplies, filing, and maintaining office systems.
• Answer the phone and greet visitors in a helpful and professional manner.
• Manage the mailing list for the organization and assist with database upkeep/maintenance.
• Assist with operational office tasks as needed, such as assembling press kits, event set up/clean up, and cataloging photos.
• Willingly collaborate with other team members to assist with special projects as needed.
• Bring a smile, can-do attitude to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and sense of humor.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 1 year professional experience
• Experience with Word, Excel, and a database
• Exceptional professionalism
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Desire to learn about and work in a nonprofit serving under-resourced youth
• Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced, collaborative open-plan work environment
• Experience in development or customer relations a plus
• Spanish fluency desired, not required
Hours: traditional business hours with occasional evening or weekend events.
ScholarMatch offers a generous benefits package, including generous PTO, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401k with company match, transit benefits, and a paid sabbatical after 5 years on staff.
Minimum Education Required