Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
GRACE Communications Foundation develops innovative strategies to increase public awareness of the critical environmental and public health issues created by our current food, water and energy systems, and to promote a more sustainable future.
About the Position
As a member of the GRACE team, the Social Media and Communications Coordinator will help to coordinate and conduct social media outreach and other communications- and marketing-related tasks for GRACE’s current and upcoming projects and ongoing program work.
The position will help support the organization through the development and execution of communication strategies for projects and campaigns as well as for ongoing program work. The Social Media and Communications Coordinator will also collaborate with senior program and executive staff on branding, web development and content marketing strategies.
Duties of the Social Media and Communications Coordinator will include the following:
- Digital Communications Strategy – Work as part of a team to develop and implement an effective, outcome-based communications and marketing strategy for the organization that will:
- Promote GRACE projects and tools
- Expand and enhance GRACE’s online/social media presence
- Advance GRACE’s messaging and brand visibility
- Create opportunities for stronger user engagement and interactions with various online communities
- Social Media Marketing – Coordinate all social media channels for GRACE:
- Create and/or coordinate multiple types of content (e.g., multimedia content) for multiple social media platforms, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- Help design and execute strategic social media campaigns, including coordinating the creation and launch of social media advertisements
- Interact with partner organizations and the public
- Maintain social media calendar(s) in concert with broader communications/editorial calendar
- Assist with regular and on-demand social media analytics reports
- Online Writing/Blogging – Provide high-quality, issue-driven content for our blog, newsletter and other online properties:
- Write for our blog and newsletter and assist with blog and newsletter administration
- Help coordinate multimedia efforts (infographics, videos, etc.) for blog and other online publications
- Edit blog and newsletter submissions when necessary
Perform other communications and administrative duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- BA in communications, journalism, food studies, writing or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a social media/online outreach/marketing/communications capacity or in a related field
- Knowledge of and interest in food and agriculture issues
- Excellent writing, editing, representational and public communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate complex technical and scientific concepts to a variety of audiences
- Produce effective online outreach materials
- Multi-task and prioritize
- Work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Work with diverse groups
- Display sound judgment
- Flexibility to travel in performance of duties
GRACE Communications Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.
We offer excellent benefits, and compensation is commensurate with experience.
We offer excellent benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé, with desired compensation to email@example.com referencing “Social Media and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Candidates should also include the following:
· Links to any social media profiles they have managed
· One short writing sample (no more than 500-750 words)
No phone calls, please.
To learn more about us, go to www.gracelinks.org