The Coordinator position is a critical and valued member within the BSP team. The Financial Capability Coordinator helps achieve the mission statement of BSP through the implementation of administrative functions at the highest standards. The Financial Capability Coordinator reports directly to the Southern CA Area Manager. The Coordinator works within the established guidelines set forth by the leadership at BSP. Moreover, the Financial Capability Coordinator will work closely with partners to carry out deliverables of all grants.
BSP receives funding from the Seimer Foundation and UnitedWay of Greater LA to provide financial capability education and services to SEIU-USWW employees and their families. BSP has received funding from the Seimer Foundation and UnitedWay of Greater LA since 2012.
The Financial Capability Program is comprised of the following components:
- Financial Capability Workshops – financial capability workshops provided at the worksite during lunchtime
- Case Management – individualized case management for members and their families to establish and attain financial goals
- Digital Literacy Outreach – training and education on financial and banking-related apps
- VITA Tax Services – free tax services for low-income individuals and their families through the IRS’s VITA program during tax season (Jan-April)
- Volunteer Management – recruit, train, and oversee volunteers who offer tax and financial coaching services
- Financial Capability Activities – workshops at the LA offices around financial education that involve the entire family
- Fundraising and Community Networking – grant writing and community events revolving around financial capability
- Curriculum Development – Standardize, update and expand the financial capability and education curriculum. Use standard worksheets, lesson plans, activities, PowerPoints, etc. for each course.
- Financial Capability Instruction – Teach culturally appropriate classes to program participants.
- Pre and Post-Assessments – Create and update pre and post-assessments to evaluate behavioral changes amongst participants to capture program impact. Assure program participants are assessed in a timely manner. Evaluate program participants’ pre and post-assessment results and keep track of the results using a data management system.
- Screening, Registration, and Intake Forms - Utilize BSP’s intake forms and ensure that these forms are collected from every program participant.
- Data Tracking – Collect all forms required of all program participants:
- Intake Forms
- Pre and Post Assessment results
- Class Rosters
- Daily Class Attendance Sheets
- VITA Tax Information
- Volunteer hours
- Case Management Notes and files
- Regular Check-ins with Southern CA Area Manager – Participate in weekly check-in with SoCal Area Manager
- Outreach and Marketing – Market program to employers, partners, and workers to coordinate worksite classes, workshops, and services..Create flyers, information sheets, and marketing material about the programs
- Grant Writing and Reporting – Assist in grant reports in collaboration with Regional and Fundraising Directors. . Assist in identifying new funding for the expansion of the program.
- Community Networking – Attend financial capability and education-related events and work with other organizations, to expand services and referrals for USWW members and their beneficiaries.
- Proficiency in written and oral Spanish
- A Bachelor’s Degree or significant work experience in the field of non-profit management or education
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, organization, attention to detail, and leadership
- Have a deep comfort working in culturally diverse communities
- Eagerness to work as a team with a small committed staff where everyone chips in when needed to get things done
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, Board members, foundation staff, BSP staff, and others.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.