Jewish Learning Venture
261 Old York Road, Suite 720
Jewish Learning Venture empowers families raising Jewish children to make Judaism more meaningful and relevant for themselves. Our innovative programs guide families and leaders of Jewish organizations to see Judaism as a means to a thriving life.
Jewish Learning Venture is seeking an experienced development professional who Is energized by relationship building and creativity to join our team and lead our organizational advancement efforts. The Development Director will bring an entrepreneurial sprit to the work, seeking to find creative ways to identify and cultivate new resources. Most importantly, the Development Director will believe in the work of Jewish Learning Venture and passionately pursue funding through the cultivation of new donors to support this critical work in our community.
The Development Director will report to and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of the Agency Executive Team.
The Development Director will:
· Create and implement a multi-year development strategy for the organization in collaboration with the executive team and agency officers.
· Research and identify foundations appropriate for partnership with our agency’s programs.
· Conduct targeted donor and prospect research, including, but not limited to, individuals, foundations and other Jewish institutions
· Solicit donors and prospects at all giving levels in collaboration with Executive Director, Officers and Board
· Identify potential new donors through research and networking.
· Build, manage, and strengthen personal relationships with current and potential donors and take the lead on direct solicitations.
· Oversee the management of our donor data, including: regularly analyzing current donor data, ensuring the data are up to date and “clean,” and determining which data to collect, track, and maintain.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
· Commitment to the mission of Jewish Learning Venture and a curiosity to learn more about our programs, philosophy, and strategy.
· 5-7 years experience with development, fundraising donor solicitation, cultivation and/or stewardship (preferably in the Philadelphia Jewish community).
· Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to make sound data-based judgments.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be organized and flexible in a demanding environment.
· Demonstrated innovation, creativity and a commitment to excellence.
· Demonstrated prior success in implementing projects involving critical thinking and independent judgment.
· Able to respond nimbly to changing circumstances and project requirements, including an understanding of emerging trends and outcome-based approaches.
· Demonstrated prior success in developing and implementing short and long term strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives and metrics.
· Proven prior success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to interact with multiple constituencies.
· Good judgment and the highest level of integrity.
This is a part-time 50% position and includes some weekend and evening work.
Jewish Learning Venture is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Development Director” in the subject line.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required