Details: Compensation: Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
129 W 67th St
Kaufman Music Center (www.kaufmanmusiccenter.org) is New York City’s creative home for music education and performance. Located on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, the Center serves as a resource for students, artists and audiences through its five divisions: Lucy Moses School, a community school for the arts which offers instruction in music, dance and theater to children and adults; Merkin Concert Hall, an acoustically-renowned performance space known for its innovative programming schedule; Special Music School (P.S. 859), a unique K-12 public school for musically-gifted children; Face the Music, a 200 member youth ensemble devoted to the performance of works by living composers, and a Theater Wing, which specializes in guiding young people through the process of creating and performing original musical theater works.
The Center seeks a full time Administrative and Production Associate for the Special Music School High School. This position reports to the SMS High School Dean of Music and primary responsibilities include:
- Producing all rehearsals, student performances and juries, including permits, set up, scheduling, and tracking
- Helping with instrument maintenance and care
- Maintaining the calendar and schedule for the entire high school. Provides calendar/event information to KMC staff and faculty, the DOE, PTA and families
- Scheduling of teaching and rehearsal spaces for the high school
- Coordinating high school assessments, concerts, and juries
- Handling paperwork associated with the program (performance request forms, jury forms, concert programs, grade collection, assessments, etc.)
- Serves as the initial contact with SMSHS families, faculty, and outside parties regarding school events, schedules, and requirements
- Assists with teacher payroll processing and tracks student attendance. Maintains student files.
- Assists in purchasing of instruments and supplies
- Supports the SMS Director and Dean as needed.
Qualifications for the position: The ideal candidate is organized, methodical and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have ability to work under pressure, multi task, have outstanding telephone etiquette, and interpersonal skills. Classical music background required. Experience in an arts/education environment preferred. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are very important. Computer skills: Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email résumé and letter of interest with salary requirements to email@example.com. Subject line should read: Administrative and Production Associate. No phone calls, please.