Overall Function: Principle Objective or Purpose of the Position
National Program Coordinator and Senior Advisor will work with the Director of US Programs in providing services to Young Judaea’s year round local activities, National Mazkirut (teen board), local mazkiriot and advisors and national events; this includes ensuring access to and distribution of content and support for volunteers and community initiatives, researching opportunities and new areas of growth, helping to increase Young Judaea’s presence on the web, in engaging youth in local, national and grassroots programming.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the marketing, administration & logistics of all National Programs (i.e National Convention, AWB, etc.). Work with the Youth Leadership on social action initiatives related to the Tikkun Olam program and other grassroots initiatives.
- Working with local teen leadership, advisors and volunteers to organize the local and regional conventions, overnights and day programs. Responsible for registration, recruitment and all logistics relating to these programs.
- Overall responsibility for the experience and mentorship of Young Judaea’s National Mazkirut (teen leadership board).
- Work with youth leadership for the monthly distribution of the online “Kol Hatnua” newsletter, social media campaigns related to youth programming as well as advising local leadership on their own campaigns.
- Content manager of the Young Judaea Website as it relates to year round engagement and youth programs and responsible for finding new ways to engage youth through social media/web etc.
- Keeping track of all local programming and upkeep of the National Calendar of events, responsible for collecting reports, pictures and related PR material for these programs.
- Coordinate youth leadership participation in national Jewish and Israel conferences such as AIPAC, Schusterman Teen Leadership Conference, Jstreet, JNF, AZM etc .
- Takes on leadership team position at the discretion of Tel Yehudah, Young Judaea’s teen leadership summer camp, in consultation with the US Programs Director. Supervises the National Mazkirut at Tel Yehudah:
- Works in concert with mazkirut’s direct supervisors to negotiate mazkirut responsibilities
- Supervises the mazkirut’s (teen leadership) educational initiatives at camp
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience and Expectations
Minimum BA or 3 years full-time work experience required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Jewish Zionist youth movement or organizational work (Preferred)
- Experience working on programs for youth, including logistics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Skills relating to working with children and teenagers.
- Basic understanding of Jewish religious observance regarding Kashrut, T'fillot, Shabbat, etc.
- Literacy in History and Politics of Israel
- Highly computer literature in technologies that will engage youth (twitter, Instagram, snapchat, social networking etc.)
- A passion for social activism and the role that youth play in social change; a respect for religious and political pluralism as well as a deep understanding of peer-leadership.
- Be at camp in the summer (see above)
- Time commitment flexibility - weekends and evenings required (compensatory time is given for non-business hour commitments)
- Some travel required (AWB, National Convention, additional seminars)
403b (match after 1 year)
Leave early for Jewish Holidays and Sabbath
Jewish Holidays off
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Fluent
Hebrew - A Plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please NO CALLS