Deputy Director of Health Systems Leadership Development, Community Health Academy
- Job posted by Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Are you excited by the opportunity to train up the next cadre of global health leaders? If so, you may be our next Deputy Director of Health Systems Leadership Development (HSLD).
As the Deputy Director of HSLD reporting to the Director of HSLD, you will play a critical role in implementing and leading a program that aims to develop health systems leaders to optimize community healthcare programs. The program will enroll and train at least 15,000 community health leaders from around the world – current and next-generation policymakers, managers, supervisors – within 4 years.
What You'll Do
- Develop and deliver responsive, high-quality online curriculum with health systems leaders to assist them in building stronger systems to support community health workers
- Engage with and support health systems leaders and facilitate their learning through communities of practice and in-person and virtual learning opportunities
- Build and lead strategic partnerships with content experts and multi-stakeholder global and regional faculty networks
- Establish research and evaluation plans and ensure results are shared and utilized by key decision makers
- Scope and assess strategic business decisions for the initiative, integrating outcomes of these decisions into plans and operations
- Be available to travel up to 30%
What You'll Bring
- Several years of experience successfully leading public health projects, including strategic and operational management
- A track record of building productive and long-lasting relationships with external partners, such as governments and academic institutions
- Deep community health education content knowledge
- An MPH, MBA, MPP, or MEd
You'll Impress Us If
- You have done this work alongside government counterparts or other policymakers, donors, and multi-lateral institutions with a focus on or working in low-resource settings
- You have coached or developed social or public sector leaders
- You have built or used digital learning platforms
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH), an organization that has worked for more than a decade to support governments to build national community health systems, has launched the Community Health Academy, which leverages digital technology to train, empower, and connect CHWs and health system leaders around the world.
The Academy is working to support countries to scale their CHW workforces and increase the quality of care that these CHWs provide by creating the world’s first continuing education platform for CHWs and health systems leaders on a global scale. The Academy will feature a two-pronged learning platform—one supporting CHWs, and the other, supporting community health systems leaders to build their capacity to design and manage effective national-scale CHW programs and strong primary health systems. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Minimum Education Required