The Manager of Operations oversees IINE’s technology consultant, provides operational leadership and direction to support staff at IINE’s field offices in Lowell, MA and Manchester, NH, and supervises the Boston Office Manager. Through supervision of the Boston Office Manager, the Manager of Operations is responsible for operations impacting both the Boston program staff and the administrative (central) staff, which are co-located at 2 Boylston Street.
The Manager of Operations work primarily from the Boston office, but will travel regularly to the Lowell and Manchester sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all IINE offices are well supplied, supported, secured, and functioning
- Visit IINE field offices regularly to identify and address operational issues and concerns
- Coordinate any office moves and space reorganizations
- Facilitate setup for new hires and refurbishment of spaces and equipment after departures
- Coordinate administrative and capital purchases in consultation with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Supervise the Boston Office Manager and provide operational leadership to Office Managers in the Lowell and Manchester field offices
- Identify best practices and train support staff at each site
- Act as primary contact for landlords and property management, handle building-related needs and requirements, and coordinate off-hours emergency response and support (power outages, HVAC, snow emergencies, etc.)
- Manage all vendor and service provider relationships, including coordinating with existing providers and researching new solutions; work closely to ensure best pricing and service levels available
- Responsible for monitoring and setting permissions to IINE’s shared drives and internal recordkeeping systems
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve staff safety and experience; conduct an annual review of emergency processes and a safety survey of each site, update safety policies and procedures when needed and train all staff on safety protocols
- Participate in the planning of IINE’s return-to-office strategy, working closely with the Director of Human Resources
- Serve as the primary point of contact with IINE’s third-party information technology firm, acting as a thought partner with the firm and IINE staff to develop and improve systems
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the technology consultant
- Assist the Director of Finance in the search for and evaluation of third-party technology consultants.
- Coordinate larger technology and infrastructure projects with the Director of Finance
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of all technology, anticipating future hardware, software, and technology system needs
- Maintain and update detailed asset and replacement lists
- Work closely with IINE’s Accounting staff to ensure fixed asset schedules and inventory lists are up-to-date
- Generate an annual procurement proposal that outlines recommended software and hardware purchases for the year, based on equipment age, and existing and anticipated positions
- Develop an annual capital improvement and maintenance plan for review by the Chief Financial Officer
- Oversee the filing of all administrative permits, certificates, and licenses
- Coordinate contract review, approval and signature process for operations, facility management, and operations consultants
- Maintain all related filing systems
- Support insurance policy renewals, as directed by the Chief Financial Officer
- Manage IINE’s purchase order system
- Oversee IINE’s offsite storage system through the Office Managers, including organizing the retrieval and delivery of files
- Identify and help implement ways to streamline and improve IINE operations
- Perform all other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, or a related field
- A minimum of five years of experience managing operations within a non-profit organization, preferably with human services organizations and in positions with supervision responsibilities.
- Advanced proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce, Apricot, OfficeWise, or related database preferred
- Advanced understanding of phone, printer, and computer software/hardware essential
- Candidates of color, immigrants, and refugees are strongly encouraged to apply
This position requires regular travel between offices in Lowell, MA, Boston, MA, and Manchester, NH. Candidates must have access to a personal vehicle and will need to provide a copy of their license and insurance information at the time of offer.
The Manager of Operations role requires periodic light physical work. Examples include moving boxes, equipment, and other office supplies of up to 25 pounds around the office; occasionally assisting in loading and unloading vehicle; and installing and removing hardware and other equipment.