2082 Lexington Avenue
Child Care Resource and Referral Service
As a part of the Child Care Resource and Referral program, the Provider Specialist will work with the Program Director to build and enhance quality early child care settings for young children, families, and child care professionals. The Specialist will work collaboratively with other Specialists within the Day Care Council.
- Conduct site visits to child care settings to provide technical assistance and enhanced technical assistance to child care providers and other child care professionals on best practices in serving children.
- Be knowledgeable in using the Environmental Rating Scales (ITERS, FCCERS, ECERS).
- Conduct appropriate training sessions such as SUNY Health & Safety and Red Cross CPR/First Aid.
- Make available and disseminate information on quality child care best practices to families, child care professionals and the wider community.
- Coordinate, conduct and facilitate appropriate meetings and training opportunities for child care providers and other early childhood education professionals.
- Maintain and submit appropriate statistics, monthly reports, and telephone/site visit logs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services or related field. Previous experience working with young children, as well as a working knowledge of the Environmental Rating Scales. Candidate must be computer literate. Good written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills needed. Bi-lingual ability and familiarity with NYC child care system are helpful. Salary 42-45K.
Employment offers health insurance, 401K, pension after 5-years employment, vacation and sick days
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual ability in English and any other language is a plus
Minimum Education Required